Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrahloh View Post
Yes!
I have one on my phone, I guess it's the same one, from when the last book came out.

It's great if you have been reading these for years because there is such a huge gap in between books that you forget what's going on!

Also, it's awesome for Kindle etc because you can look at the maps.

Unbelievably, it truly is a helpful little app for a reading fan
Once the official release date for "a dance with dragons" was announced i reread all the previous books to bring me up to speed
Now this would have been much easier
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
When I read ASOIAF, I used the free wiki, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/, which is perfectly fine. It has character and chapter summaries.

The app, which requires an in-app purchase of $5 to be truly complete, has the advantage of being sanctioned by GRRM himself and dispels some of the crazy crackpot theories that the inconsistencies in his books bought to life on the world wide internets series of tubes.

The big advantage of this app is the spoiler protection. When I used the free wiki, I kept spoiling myself, but that didn't bother me that much.

And what, no Android version? Bah. Winter is coming. Literally.

March 31st... People will die.

Last edited by menevets; 12-03-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Winter is coming
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #18
jarrahloh
Cageside Chronicles
jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kobo Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sure. My "TBR" list is WAY more than 10 years long .
Ha ha ha, I hear that
jarrahloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #19
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Ron View Post
I would also like this kind of app for Dostoyevsky's Crime and punishement.

Love the idea!
You mean to keep track of all the name variations?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #20
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Every night I include a prayer for him not to drop off the pearch before he finishes the books. The stress is killing me. Give me the next book NOW
btw I usally hate reading watching something, but it just doesnt bother me at all for this.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert