Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #61
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon US:

The House Near the River: A Time Travel Romance - Barbara Bartholomew

-The author has published with Signet, Silhouette, Avon, etc.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 AM   #62
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I wasn't necessarily requesting the links. I was just asking that people stipulate the source so that we non-Kindle folks can have an inkling if something might be available elsewhere. If it's just Kindle, then type Kindle at the front of the posting so we won't get our hopes up.

ATDrake and others do a nice job of indicating when books are available elsewhere besides Kindle.

No complaints! All efforts are DEFINITELY appreciated.
I've found that the majority of Kindle KDP offerings are often DRM -free (which you can check by looking for "unlimited" as a restriction on the copies). So, even if you don't have a Kindle, there is no reason to count out Amazon as a source for free books.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #63
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
The Wild One by Danelle Harmon, which was mentioned in the August thread, is also free at Smashwords in a variety of formats.

Quote:
England, 1776: Lord Gareth de Montforte is known as an irresponsible rake with a heart of gold. When he takes a bullet for boldly thwarting a stagecoach robbery, he is stunned to discover that the beautiful young woman he has heroically rescued, Juliet Paige, is his deceased brother’s American fiancée, accompanied by her infant daughter. Despite his brother the duke's refusal to acknowledge Juliet, Gareth is determined to do right by the courageous woman who crossed an ocean to give her baby her rightful name. But Juliet is wary of marrying this black sheep aristocrat, even while she is hopelessly charmed by the dashing devil. Never has she met anyone who embraces life so thoroughly, who makes her laugh, who loves her so well. And, even when it seems the odds are against them, Juliet has absolute faith that Gareth will go beyond the call of duty, risking his life itself to give her and her daughter a home — and a love that will last a lifetime.
There are also two stories by Crista McHugh, who has published with Carina:
The Tears of Elios (full-length paranormal)
More than a Fling (short contemporary)
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #64
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon US and Smashwords:

The Last Bride in Ballymuir (Ballymuir Series #1) - Dorien Kelly [Contemporary Irish Romance]

-This title was originally published in 2003 by Pocket
-Author has been published by St. Martin's Press, Pocket, Harlequin, etc.

*This is a Recent Repeat Freebie

Last edited by kg3; 09-04-2012 at 06:47 AM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #65
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I'm not a big regency fan as I've said before, but a friend loaned me a Laura Lee Guhrke title (I can't remember now what it was LOL) and I liked it!
IIRC these are late Victorian, not Regency. I don't think Guhrke writes in the Regency period.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #66
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I've found that the majority of Kindle KDP offerings are often DRM -free (which you can check by looking for "unlimited" as a restriction on the copies). So, even if you don't have a Kindle, there is no reason to count out Amazon as a source for free books.
Karen, Thanks for the good info!

I thought some kind of conversion was needed in order to utilize such books on other devices e.g. Sony. Is this not the case?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #67
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:

I thought some kind of conversion was needed in order to utilize such books on other devices e.g. Sony. Is this not the case?
If you are a Windows user, you can use the Kindle desktop, and using Apprentice Alf's plugins you can use calibre to convert the books.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #68
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Yes, you'd need to use either Calibre or KindleGen/KindlePreviewer to convert the book to ePub. Takes a few minutes to download and install initially, but then only a few seconds to convert the book each time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #69
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Texan's Bride US DE by Geralyn Dawson (repeat freebie)

The Thistle and the Rose US DE by May McGoldrick, which was first published by Topaz in 1995.

Quote:
Assigned the mission of protecting the infant King James V from the approaching British army, Celia Muir must use her feminine wiles to convince Scottish warrior Colin Campbell to help her escape into the Scottish highlands.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
If you are a Windows user, you can use the Kindle desktop, and using Apprentice Alf's plugins you can use calibre to convert the books.
You just need Calibre no other special help. The KDP books are DRM Free. Drop it into Calibre and convert to epub. It couldn't be more simple.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #71
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Available on UK Kindle for free
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On Sale: $2.99 (reg $7.99)
Genre: Historical Western Romance

Note: These are Agency books.

I've had this one on my wishlist since they came out. I was thrilled to get a email letting me know they have been priced drop to $2.99.

The way I see it we need to support authors who are still writing this genre which isn't many these days. We need more! I couldn't see paying full price for a new author though so $2.99 for a western from a agency publisher is a price I can risk.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #73
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Interesting....Do I need the kindle for pc desktop to download the files or no? I run a linux system and I have often wondered how to get the kindle books from off the site on to my computer so I can convert them to epub.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Interesting....Do I need the kindle for pc desktop to download the files or no? I run a linux system and I have often wondered how to get the kindle books from off the site on to my computer so I can convert them to epub.
Yes you need either a Kindle or Kindle for PC. There might be other apps you can use but I can't say for sure.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #75
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post

I had the hardest time with this before I got my actual Kindle (I bought the cheapest model for just that purpose), all the "books" on the cloud were piling up and I wanted to start picking out some of those books to read and couldn't handle the cloud reader, it was uncomfortable. And to obtain the option of "transfer via computer" you need an actual serial number to register.

Using Kindle for PC was a disaster which crashed my computer every time under wine. And I had limited access (or desire), to Windows due to us being a Debian Linux household.

I had to get my clarinet serviced and had more money than necessary for the job, so just used the "leftover" money from birthday and from that, to get the cheapest Kindle they had at the sale. I felt like a kid in a candy store finally able to access my own books, have my own registered serial number, and could load them onto calibre using (finally) the option of "transfer via computer".

It wound up being a double bonus for me. I fell in love with my kindle beyond my initial reasons for purchasing it, to the point where I gave my precious T1 to my oldest daughter (and I never dreamed anything could top my precious Sony T1) who up to that point had a heavy, glarey HipStreet reader with a battery life of 3 seconds. She loves the T1, and I love my kindle, so was able to have the best for her.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 09-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote