Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #46
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
something else...if I clean the kindle touch of books, set them all in the calibre library, will i have to create and input for calibre or just import data from calibre?
and my Calibre pluggings settings from my kindle 3 stays the same?
thanks
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #47
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Device: down to just a PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
something else...if I clean the kindle touch of books, set them all in the calibre library, will i have to create and input for calibre or just import data from calibre?
and my Calibre pluggings settings from my kindle 3 stays the same?
thanks
All you should have to do is import from Calibre. Your K3 settings need not change provided that your save template starts with calibre per the requirements listed in the original post.
sumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #48
ninki
Connoisseur

Ok, let see now if I manage to do it right thanks for the quick answers

Last edited by ninki; 06-18-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #49
ninki
Connoisseur

weeell, i did right, but i forgot that my kindle its not registered as i live in one those countries .... so collections are like locked or something.
any ideas?

thank you all
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #50
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
deleted

Last edited by thomass; 06-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #51
ninki
Connoisseur

however, its not creating documents/ calibre, its putting books straight to documents and its calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} in template.
something else, when I eject after use “Create input for Calibre” its stays in usb drive mode and i have to force restart.
Any ideas of what iam doing wrong?
thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #52
ninki
Connoisseur

collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
however, its not creating documents/ calibre, its putting books straight to documents and its calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} in template.
something else, when I eject after use “Create input for Calibre” its stays in usb drive mode and i have to force restart.
Any ideas of what iam doing wrong?
thanks
I think I discovered cold water
say this item 4. Calibre managed data stored on the Kindle in documents/calibre (i.e., under Calibre Preferences > Sending books to devices, Save template starts with: calibre)
not only you have to do this but also in the device button when connected to calibre the configure you device option again calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, otherwise it dosent create the calibre folder in documents.
now works, it dosent matter the registered thingie...
thank you all
Old 07-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #53
ninki
Connoisseur

It doesn't delete collections?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #54
anything_will_do
anything_will_do began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch / kindle keyboard
Not working

Hi,

Not working for me just wanted to check on that last point - 4. Calibre managed data stored on the Kindle in documents/calibre (i.e., under Calibre Preferences > Sending books to devices, Save template starts with: calibre) ... can you give an example as to what to put in there do I need to set it as /calibre/titleetc do I need the slashes or can i just put calibretitleetc .... just an example will be helpful to see if that is the problem!

Thanks!
anything_will_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #55
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anything_will_do View Post
Hi,

Not working for me just wanted to check on that last point - 4. Calibre managed data stored on the Kindle in documents/calibre (i.e., under Calibre Preferences > Sending books to devices, Save template starts with: calibre) ... can you give an example as to what to put in there do I need to set it as /calibre/titleetc do I need the slashes or can i just put calibretitleetc .... just an example will be helpful to see if that is the problem!

Thanks!
My save template looks like this:

calibre/{author_sort}/{series:|| - }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title_sort}

This ends up storing all books below documents/calibre in sub-directories on the Kindle.

The equivalent default would be calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.

By the way, my metadata plugboard for device type KINDLE2 stores

{series:|| - }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title_sort} in title
and
{author_sort} in authors.

because I like to see my books in a series sorted together on the Kindle.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #56
New to Touch
New to Touch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I bought a KT yesterday and was surprised to find that Calibre collections were not transferred. Having over 1500 documents on Calibre I do not want to have to create collections again on the KT.

I have applied the Jailbreak hack
I have installed Launcher
I have installed sumpin's Calibre collections script.

My KT is using v5.1.2

Following issues.
Screen orientation will not change
I cannot import calibre collections. It seems that the script will not run for more than a couple of seconds.
My documents are all imported into /documents although in Calibre I show "calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}"

Is it possible that the hacks and scripts need to be updated for v5.1.2 or have I done something wrong?

Advice please!
New to Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #57
sumpin
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to Touch View Post
My documents are all imported into /documents although in Calibre I show "calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}"

Is it possible that the hacks and scripts need to be updated for v5.1.2 or have I done something wrong?
If the files are not put into documents/calibre by Calibre, then this plug-in will not work. The script ignores collections if the content is not stored in documents/calibre.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #58
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Does the directory path documents/calibre exist on your K5 **before** you try to move the collections?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #59
New to Touch
New to Touch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have now reinstalled everything and I think that I now understand what is going on.

In spite of my Calibre save template being "calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}", any documents sent to the KT end up in /documents and in folders by author.

I tried creating /documents/calibre before transferring the documents and there was no change.

I finally copied the author folders to /documents/calibre and found that the collections would be created from Calibre. This is a great step forward and will mean that I will keep the KT.

My only problem is to persuade Calibre and KT between them to put the documents where they are expected to be found in order for the collections to be allocated correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas?
New to Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #60
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Shameless plug: use Collections Manager. It also supports Calibre import / export
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kindle touch, sqlite3