Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #376
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
There was an extra space, but still..

C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32>XRayBuilder.exe -s h
ttp://www.shelfari.com/books/11106/A-Feast-for-Crows "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\mart
in\A_Feast_For_Crows.mobi" -a "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\1"
X-Ray Builder Version 1.50

Unknown arg 2: "C:\Users\Zura\Desktop\martin\A_Feast_For_Crows.mo bi". Continuing
anyway...
Using C:\Users\Zura\Downloads\New folder\xray-builder-v1.50-win32\out as an outp
ut directory.
All files processed! Press Enter to exit.
I can only think that you still have some spaces lying around.
It might be worth creating a text file, "crows.txt" in the same directory as XRayBuilder. Then open it (I guess it'll open in Notepad or something), then copying the command into it, and making sure there are no stray spaces.
Then rename it to "crows.bat" and double-click on it.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #377
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Doesn't work.. Okay, screw this.. I'll wait for plug-in bug fixes.. Or more user-friendly stand-alone..
Thank you for your help and sorry that I stole your time..
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #378
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems like you're so close though... do you want to PM me the .bat file (I don't know if you might need to rename it to .txt first) so I can have a quick glance?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #379
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I did it Renamed the .mobi file with name without any spaces, removed quote marks and it worked..))
Though I don't quite understand how does aliases thing work.. I need to edit the aliases file (name|aliase) and run the generator right?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #380
mjwilson
Connoisseur

That's the idea.
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #381
April_7th
Connoisseur

It creates the same x-ray file.. But that's ok, I'm not in need of that function. thank you for everything
Old 06-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #382
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Great. Please could you do me a favour and PM me the two XRay files, the working one from the command-line tool and the non-working one from the Calibre plug-in? Might give me a clue about what needs fixing in the plugin.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #383
April_7th
Connoisseur

Sure, I'll do it in a minute
Old 06-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #384
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Great, thanks.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #385
CompuIves
CompuIves began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
I would first like to say that this is an awesome tool, I was searching for something like this since I bought an e-reader for X-Ray and the dictionary!

I don't understand something of the generator yet, can you also create an X-Ray for AZW3 files or do you have to convert the AZW3 to mobi first? I've tried creating an X-Ray for the 4 book bundle of A Song of Ice and Fire with this link: http://www.shelfari.com/books/267060...re-Books-1---5 with both the Calibre plugin and the generator, but the X-Ray icon stays grey on my Kindle.

When the X-Ray is generated I just put it in the folder of the book I generated it for, is this right?

EDIT: When I rename the X-Ray file to the book the X-Ray button shows up, but it gives a message saying: "X-Ray is not available for this book".

Last edited by CompuIves; 06-26-2014 at 07:36 AM.
CompuIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #386
Zeibek
Zeibek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello guys, appreciate the great effort so far!

I got the Calibre Plugin (0.1.339) and it works like a charm. Before I did it for couple of my books I wanted to add aliasses too, but I couldn't be able to create a file to work on. I did everything according to here.

What may I be doing wrong?

Edit: I did it! The thing is that plugin couldn't create the file outside of the Calibre Library, at least for me. BTW, X-Ray is case-sensitive, so be careful while assigning aliasses.

Thank you for your hard work guys ^^

Edit 2: I think I figured it out. I'm from Turkey thus using a Turkish OS. Because I set the destination as "Yeni Klasör" (new folder), program couldn't read it (bcs it contains "ö") and created another file named "Yeni klasör" and I couldn't see it among my messy desktop There is nothing to worry about the plugin.

Last edited by Zeibek; 06-27-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Zeibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #387
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompuIves View Post
stays grey on my Kindle.
I don't understand something of the generator yet, can you also create an X-Ray for AZW3 files or do you have to convert the AZW3 to mobi first?
When the X-Ray is generated I just put it in the folder of the book I generated it for, is this right?
EDIT: When I rename the X-Ray file to the book the X-Ray button shows up, but it gives a message saying: "X-Ray is not available for this book".
Yeah, the X-Ray should already be named properly for the book (assuming the one on your computer is the exact same one as on your Kindle) and it just goes in the .sdr folder.
The newest version of the command-line program should be able to do AZW3 files.
Based on what you described, I would first open the book in a mobi metadata editor to ensure that the tag on it is EBOK and not PDOC.
If it's possible, I may make the x-ray builder automatically change this in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Doesn't work.. Okay, screw this.. I'll wait for plug-in bug fixes.. Or more user-friendly stand-alone..
Thank you for your help and sorry that I stole your time..
An interface for the command-line is a distant goal, but not likely anytime soon unfortunately.
If I remember right, I believe you can also drag a book onto the xraybuilder.exe and it will start processing that book, asking you for input as it goes along. The alias file gets created automatically and you can choose to cancel the build process and edit it from the /ext folder if you want.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 06-30-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #388
KingViper
KingViper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Hey everyone, first off, great work on the plugins and scripts. I bought a Paperwhite and was unaware the X-Ray feature was limited to only some books sold by amazon and no books elsewhere. This thread has been awesome to read through.

So I tried doing this with the Calbre plugin, and after some problems that I found solutions for in this thread, I came across some things I didn't see solutions for.

1. After setting up aliases, if found the locations of the aliases in the book and those show up as expected; however, sometimes it includes letters and words that aren't part of an alias I setup, any idea why?

2. Even though clicking on X-Ray on the menu bar and selecting page view shows that the character is on the page (due to aliases I setup), selecting the words that triggered as a location does not activate the X-Ray feature. Any ideas why?

Again, thanks a ton for the great stuff!
KingViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #389
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingViper View Post
1. After setting up aliases, if found the locations of the aliases in the book and those show up as expected; however, sometimes it includes letters and words that aren't part of an alias I setup, any idea why?

2. Even though clicking on X-Ray on the menu bar and selecting page view shows that the character is on the page (due to aliases I setup), selecting the words that triggered as a location does not activate the X-Ray feature. Any ideas why?

Again, thanks a ton for the great stuff!
Could you post a screenshot/example of the first issue? Not sure what it's doing based on the description.

The "click a word to view xray" feature is relatively new in the firmware (make sure you're on the latest), so I haven't messed around with it a lot. It does seem a bit iffy for multi-word names. It matches based on the location data; if you go into the entry for that particular character, does it show an excerpt from that specific part of the page you're trying to click? If it does and the name is highlighted properly in that except, it should be working.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #390
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Does this also work for kindle paper white?
zcqsimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray