Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #16
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sony PRS-650 or 350
and
eeePC1005P

It is so small and light and the accu goes for 10 hrs, I could not see the need for a tablet yet. This will only be valid as long as I have not had a tablet to play with for a couple of hours AFAIKmyself
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Kindle DXG & Kindle 3 / ASUS Transformer

[had an iPad 1 - but traded it in for the TF]

I do the majority of reading on a Kindle. I use the TF for books with lots of photos/maps, fancy formatting, or color images.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Nook Color rooted/Sony 950.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Same as you: K3 Wi-Fi and iPad 2 Wi-Fi. Awesome combination.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle 3 (3G+WiFi) / Asus Transformer
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Sony PRS-350 / iPad 2

I love how small and light the PRS-350 is. It's the reader I use for novels, etc unless I'm reading in low-light conditions.

The iPad 2 is mostly used for reading comics and technical/reference books (usually PDF). I'm looking to replace it with a rooted Nook Color but so far, there's one app I need (Viz) and basically the only reason I bought the iPad that's not available on Android (or anywhere else for that matter). There are also some apps I really like on iOS (ComicGlass) that still haven't been ported to Android yet (although the developer does plan on porting it). While alternatives on Android exist (PerfectViewer is pretty good), I still prefer the iOS app.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 06-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Kindle DXG & Kindle 3 / ASUS Transformer

[had an iPad 1 - but traded it in for the TF]

I do the majority of reading on a Kindle. I use the TF for books with lots of photos/maps, fancy formatting, or color images.
Hey Pooh, what app. are you using on the ASUS? ... for reading I mean. And what pros and cons you see when moving from iPad to ASUS, as reading experience or reading tool.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Hey Pooh, what app. are you using on the ASUS? ... for reading I mean. And what pros and cons you see when moving from iPad to ASUS, as reading experience or reading tool.
Right now I'm using only the K4Android app for reading. I tried some other apps on the iPad, but found that I really only needed the Kindle app.
I've not noticed any striking differences in reading quality between the 2 screens. From what I can remember, I think the iPad had more "fine tuning" available to adjust screen brightness/contrast/tint, but I've not experienced any glare issues with the TF. I wear glasses and am extremely sensitive to glare/brightness issues, but am reading comfortably on the ASUS.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Sony 950 and iPad 1. I use the iPad for heavily illustrated ePubs or pdfs, or when I want to read at night with no light on. Everything else gets read on the Sony. I like being able to add what I just read to Shelfari or goodreads via the iPad when I'm done.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Sony 950 / Nook CM7

Sony because it's got the PDF support I need; Nook because it's cheap and was easy to boot CM7.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #26
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Right now I'm using only the K4Android app for reading. I tried some other apps on the iPad, but found that I really only needed the Kindle app.
I've not noticed any striking differences in reading quality between the 2 screens. From what I can remember, I think the iPad had more "fine tuning" available to adjust screen brightness/contrast/tint, but I've not experienced any glare issues with the TF. I wear glasses and am extremely sensitive to glare/brightness issues, but am reading comfortably on the ASUS.
Thanks for reply.

Do you find the Kindle for Android better than the Kindle for iOs?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #27
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
NOOK 2 / NOOKcolor (replaced stock ROM)

eInk for distraction-free reading. Tablet for no/low light conditions. Both are with me at all times.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #28
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Thanks for reply.

Do you find the Kindle for Android better than the Kindle for iOs?
I'm straining my memory - but I think that the K4iPad had more features than the K4Android - but I may be misremembering the iPad reading app for iBooks. One of them had really upgraded their dictionary and online look-up support.

Anyone with an iPad able to clarify this for jocampo?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Sony 505 for all novels.
Then a superpad 10.2 tablet for my manga collection :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #30
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
I'm straining my memory - but I think that the K4iPad had more features than the K4Android - but I may be misremembering the iPad reading app for iBooks. One of them had really upgraded their dictionary and online look-up support.

Anyone with an iPad able to clarify this for jocampo?
I think that you are correct and your answer was the reason why I asked. You said you moved to ASUS from iPad and you mainly use Kindle app. I enjoy and like iOs version better, so I do not fully understand the reason for your move

Ironically, I like the B&N Android version better than the iOs one.