View Poll Results: More instances of DB Corruption with F/W 3.5.0
Yes 9 40.91%
No 12 54.55%
Not applicable to me; using CoolReader or KO Reader 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Database Corruption / FW 3.5.0

Is it just me, or are others also seeing more instances of database corruption with F/W 3.5.0. Implicit in this statement is of course, this only applies to those using NICKEL to read material, and not CoolReader or KOReader.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I did experience a DB corruption, but it was during or after I ran/uninstalled the start menu and koreader on my Aura. So that could have had something to do with it. No problems since I logged out/in. 3.5.0 seems fine on my Aura (haven't tried it on my other kobos).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I had a database corruption on my spare Glo when I set it up and updated to 3.5.0, had to do the log out/log in and add all books back again. It hasn't happened again, but I don't really use it other than checking out the new firmware changes for now.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Is it just me, or are others also seeing more instances of database corruption with F/W 3.5.0. Implicit in this statement is of course, this only applies to those using NICKEL to read material, and not CoolReader or KOReader.
Not sure. I had an instance where a book was showing as having no path running Calibre in debug mode but then my Aura HD crashed to a factory reset and after the rebuild, everything was okay again.

What I have noticed is that deleting books from Calibre (1.206) is again not a good idea. I forgot to delete a book and/or it's annotations before connecting to my computer. After deleting the book from Calibre and replacing it, I got that lovely problem where any attempt to change pages crashed back to the home page with the book marked as finished and a stack.log file generated. Home page showed 2 annotations while trying to open annotations says no annotations. Deleted the book from the Kobo GUI, reloaded it and no issues noticed.

And no "I'm not sure either way" item to vote for in the poll.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-23-2014 at 12:39 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:32 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've had a few, but didn't have the Aura long enough before 3.5.0 to judge.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #6
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
After 3 years of owning various Kobos I had my first ever database corruption last night on my Mini running 3.4.1. It was right after a factory reset.

Trouble is I tend to rotate my readers so I'm not using any one device consistently enough to be a useful data point.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Untweaked Aura, sideloaded 3.5.0, no database corruptions either before or after.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Occasionally, I'm also facing corruption on my Mini with 3.4.1 after sideloading books with Calibre+Kobo Extended driver. Reader wants to re-register then - but re-registering won't help. Only deletion of database or restoration of a database backup will.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote