Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
M92:rename bookmarks

Hi all. I am a new user of boox M92. I have the black pearl version. Use the player above for consultation sheet music for piano and often within a work, I put a lot of bookmarks. The problem, however, is that the bookmarks have a generic name (bookmark 1, bookmark 2 ...) and are therefore anonymous. Is there a way to rename bookmarks?

Last edited by rogerpiano; 11-13-2012 at 02:44 AM.
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I don't think that's possible. I think many very basic things which one could expect are not possible with the M92. I think it's forgivable only because Onyx makes their software mostly open. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the M92 because, indeed, the firmware is extremly lacking.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
.... the firmware is extremly lacking.
Please don't exaggerate.
What basic things are you missing?

Rename of bookmark can be implemented. In the 1.8 if you are going to the table of bookmarks , they are containing a part of the first sentence on the page.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please don't exaggerate.
What basic things are you missing?
I should have added an "in my opinion" to that statement.

I miss that defaults and settings are not retained across runs or across documents, like Fullscreen in PDF Reader, or the Stroke-Width in Scribble. Small things like deleting all annotations and all scribbles from a PDF File. Renaming bookmarks is just another thing. The improved PDF Reader only works for PDF and DJVU still opens with the old one. In my opinion, again, the reading controls are a little akward to understand and use (that's perhaps because there is no documentation for the new firmware yet). Etc...

I'm merely stating that there are dozens of these small "rough edges" which give me the overall impression of a kind of alpha Software. On a second thought, this might be my impression because the firmware has so many things, the issues with which sum up to more.

After all though, the M92 has one of the highest prices on the market and I think at that price it's ok to make note of these many, although small issues which are not yet ironed out.

I wouldn't want to leave this without saying that it probably wasn't fair to state this without saying that, while I miss these things, the rate at which you improve them and the interaction with the community is far beyond everything I've ever experienced and, at least for me, easily makes up for any insufficiencies the firmware may (still) have.

Last edited by ManDay; 11-15-2012 at 04:21 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi,
I also have M92 Black Pearl. And no, there is no way to rename bookmarks. Keep in mind that you have Black Pearl edition, so you have to use firmware from this website:
https://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-...x-m92-firmware
I believe that you know this, but just in case...
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Is there any place/file, in the filesystem, where the names of the bookmarks are stored? Is is therefore rename them manually?

Thank you.
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It will be probably in SQL database placed in .onyx folder. Database has the same name as document file, but different extension.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdas View Post
Is there any place/file, in the filesystem, where the names of the bookmarks are stored? Is is therefore rename them manually?

Thank you.
Editing (rename) of bookmarks is in our task list. Will be implemented soon
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #9
rogerpiano
Connoisseur

Thank you!

Last edited by rogerpiano; 05-23-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
rogerpiano
Connoisseur

I have found that for the files in the format Djvu (which are opened with Djvu reader) there is a function that allows you to rename bookmarks
So I just convert PDF to Djvu. The Djvu are handled more quickly by Boox M92, but the Djvu reader has fewer features and does not support the Table of Contents...

Edit: the TOC are supported by Djvu Reader, only that the virtual key to access the summary is not in the main bar but in menu / tools / summary (very uncomfortable)

Last edited by rogerpiano; 05-23-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
jchtt
jchtt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura H2O
Any chance this feature might still get implemented into the pdf reader? It would be really helpful.
jchtt is offline   Reply With Quote