Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
I'm observing occasional key bouncing as well on the T1 (with FBReader).

From comparing Sony's Linux kernel sources of the T2 and the T1, it looks like the T1 and T2 have some chatter / bouncing on the I/O interface connecting the buttons. The T2 kernel's gpio_keys driver contains a kernel-level workaround that attempts to hide the bouncing.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether anyone has managed to get a self-compiled kernel to run on the T1 yet (e-ink's experiments looked promising, though). Once that's done, it should be possible to fix the T1 kernel as well.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
MCSmarties
Enthusiast
MCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud ofMCSmarties has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Same problem here. It only happens infrequently though, so I haven't paid it too much attention. In fact I thought it was a software bug that may be fixed in a fw update (I know, keep dreaming...)
MCSmarties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Here I thought it was me! Yep mine does it also. But I mostly notice it when my hand gets to close to the screen. Like I ckock then my hand/fingers move it jumps. Was Wondering IF there is a way to turn OFF the touch swipe funtion? I see the option to swipe L to R or R to L but no OFF
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Have you tried using the swipe to page turn? It is obviously a hardware problem and I would be inclined to get it replaced while it's under warranty... you do take a small chance that the replacement could be worse lol... but it's only a small chance and if there is one hw defect there may be others lurking....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #20
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
If your T1 is fully updated, then the multiple page turns can surely be remedied by carefully cleaning your screen and keeping it clean.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Mine is UTD & Clean! I dont touch my screen at ALL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #22
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Don't need to touch screen for page turns just swipe close enough to block IR light beam. Over time device will train you not to hold fingers that close to screen unless trying to turn page. Up or down swipe also will change pages and is easier than left or right swipes with my thumb.

Once had seed land on T1 screen while I was reading and T1 started turning pages until seed was removed.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote