Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
custom fonts on kindle touch kinda hard to see

hey guyz,do you know why all custom fonts save for ubuntu mono are kinda light|hard to see on kindle touch.even those modified for k5 like georgia2,times roman,averia are hard to see.i know eink has low res but still atleast the modified fonts should display correctly. i have k5 with fw 5.1.0 and fonthack installed.i also downloaded amasis font modified for kindle.there was only on font so i made 4 copies and renamed to italic bold italic etc.then perfectly initialized it. but when i select the font in fonthack,the k5 just hangs for about 10 seconds and then restarts.and does anyone know how to embed fonts in kf8.sorry guyz i know i shouldnt pour all my problems in one thread but i cant always create new threads for everything.please guyz.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Did you install the correct version of fonthack?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ummm...yeah I have installed the 5.10 version of fonthack
Old 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
hey guyz,do you know why all custom fonts save for ubuntu mono are kinda light|hard to see on kindle touch.even those modified for k5 like georgia2,times roman,averia are hard to see.i know eink has low res but still atleast the modified fonts should display correctly. i have k5 with fw 5.1.0 and fonthack installed.i also downloaded amasis font modified for kindle.there was only on font so i made 4 copies and renamed to italic bold italic etc.then perfectly initialized it. but when i select the font in fonthack,the k5 just hangs for about 10 seconds and then restarts.and does anyone know how to embed fonts in kf8.sorry guyz i know i shouldnt pour all my problems in one thread but i cant always create new threads for everything.please guyz.
You might try using the "new line" key from time to time.
These "mind dump" posts are hard to read and reply to in context.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You might try using the "new line" key from time to time.
These "mind dump" posts are hard to read and reply to in context.
And put in a space after a period. Capital letters help too. So does proper spelling and grammar.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And put in a space after a period. Capitol letters help too. So does proper spelling and grammar.
Capital letters also help.

(It takes me awhile and lots of edits to find and fix all MY typos.)
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
hey guyz,
Do you know why all custom fonts ... are hard to see?
There have been posts here about changing the contrast.
Have you read those already?

Quote:
I know eink has low res ...
The crt standard resolution is 72dpi.
Resolutions of 120dpi and greater usually take a magnifing glass to see the details.
The Kindles are 168dpi, I don't think anyone could honestly call that "low resolution".

Quote:
I have k5 with fw 5.1.0 and fonthack installed.
I also downloaded amasis font modified for kindle.
There was only one font so i made 4 copies and renamed to italic bold italic etc.
Then perfectly initialized it.
Fonts have a lot of information included in the file format, including their names. Just renaming them often fails.

Quote:
I select the font in fonthack, the k5 just hangs for about 10 seconds and then restarts.
Which I guess you just demonstrated to yourself.

Quote:
and does anyone know how to embed fonts in kf8?
Start a new topic for the new subject please.

Quote:
sorry guyz i know i shouldnt pour all my problems in one thread but i cant always create new threads for everything.
Threads are cheap, hardly more expensive than a line-feed, start a new one for every topic.

Quote:
please guyz.
Please post a detailed account of what you have done and what the results where for each and every topic.
Use a new thread for each and every topic.
Use the "preview" button to review each entry before posting it to ensure that it is clear and easy for others to read.
If it isn't, fix it before pressing "submit".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

how do you modify fonts for the kindle

I have darkened and widened some fonts and put them on my k5 fonthack. Assigned them to serif and restarted but still the custom font was as light and thin as before.

Last edited by techiemonkey; 07-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 AM   #9
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

What did I do wrong
Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Managed to ask a simple question spread on two threads and five posts all on your own, maybe?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I have darkened and widened some fonts and put them on my k5 fonthack. Assigned them to serif and restarted but still the custom font was as light and thin as before.
I have merged your thread, "how do you modify fonts for the kindle" with this one as the topic was the same: a problem with too light custom fonts.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

update:this issue is solved when i use alternate fonts.i dont know why with fonthack the font displayed is not the edited font i.e the the custom font is not darker,wider,etc than it actually was.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm glad you found a workaround. I suppose all's well that ends cool.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote