Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #361
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
Where I work, there's Americans, Brits, Aussies, Canucks at an given workplace, it's really quite confusing. Especially to the Chinese, Indians, Koreans and Europeans who might have or lived in or educated in English in the any of the above countries. All of which might switch from a UK employer to a US at any time. Without a clear majority, nobody knows and no one but the biggest sticklers care. Unless your cilents do.

That said, at college in the US, no one gave me too much crap for innocently using British spelling by mistake every and then. Unlike when the words celsius and cenimeter leaked out of my mouth. People got mad then.

Last edited by ypocaramel; 11-26-2010 at 04:42 AM.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #362
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
skipping most of the thread... I think, as most of the people here, that the spelling should be according to the book setting. However, if you're not used to that kind of spelling just use your native one because inconsistencies in the spelling kinda irk the reader. I speak from experience, I learned british english and then travelling around the world I got too much american influence and now sometimes I change in between the two = bad.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #363
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
skipping most of the thread... I think, as most of the people here, that the spelling should be according to the book setting. However, if you're not used to that kind of spelling just use your native one because inconsistencies in the spelling kinda irk the reader. I speak from experience, I learned british english and then travelling around the world I got too much american influence and now sometimes I change in between the two = bad.
Just claim you're Australian... or Canadian. Both use some British spelling, some American.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #364
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Just claim you're Australian... or Canadian. Both use some British spelling, some American.
Ha ha, too true!
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote