Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #916
Ankara
Ankara began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
@ dwanthny,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Following the thread you gave, I first supposed it was a Topaz file.
As suggested, I looked at it (DRMd version) with Notepad++, but at the end of first line appears "BOOKMOBI" and nothing elsewhere like "TPZ".
So I assume it's a MOBI format ?
I downloaded and converted the sample (no DRM, so no need for the script), and it has the same problem : so it can't come from DRM removal script !

MOBI format, no script problem, can you think of anything else ? Otherwise I return it, and next time you're right I'd better try the sample first. But I'd like to understand (and I'd also like to read this book)...

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the mistakes, English isn't my mothertongue even if I can read it pretty well
Ankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #917
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankara View Post
MOBI format, no script problem, can you think of anything else ? Otherwise I return it, and next time you're right I'd better try the sample first. But I'd like to understand (and I'd also like to read this book)...
It sounds like it's the book itself. You could use Calibre to convert to HTML and then manually clean up the HTML. But I'd just return the book.

Sadly, at the moment Amazon has no mechanism to pass any comments on the book back to the publisher when you return a book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #918
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
As suggested, I looked at it (DRMd version) with Notepad++, but at the end of first line appears "BOOKMOBI"

So I assume it's a MOBI format ?
Yes, it is Mobi.

Quote:
I downloaded and converted the sample (no DRM, so no need for the script), and it has the same problem : so it can't come from DRM removal script !
Does the azw file look fine in the Kindle App? Can you open the azw file in calibre's viewer?

What book did you purchase? Let me know and I'll download and take a look at the sample.

You might want to inquire in the Kindle or mobi forums.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-19-2011 at 07:18 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #919
Ankara
Ankara began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Yes, the book looks fine in the Kindle App. I don't know how to look at it with the Calibre viewer though, because when I try to open the azw file in Calibre it opens with Kindle App.

The book is "The bone collector" written by Jeffery Deaver.

But just as I write this I checked on Amazon and there are 2 versions. I downloaded the second sample and converted it, and it seems to work fine.

Ugly no ? So it seems I have to return the one I got and purchase the other (same price). What sucks is that we have change fees in Europe...

Thanks for your help anyways

Last edited by Ankara; 01-20-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Ankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #920
Windsortenor
Windsortenor began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Calibre to ITunes

When I edit the Metadata for some of my Epub books, although the listing in Calibre looks correct (Title, Author, Book Cover) when I add it to ITunes (from the Calibre listing) it still shows up with the "old" information and no cover. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Windsortenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #921
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsortenor View Post
When I edit the Metadata for some of my Epub books, although the listing in Calibre looks correct (Title, Author, Book Cover) when I add it to ITunes (from the Calibre listing) it still shows up with the "old" information and no cover. Any suggestions?
Check out this sticky post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote