Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #1
erdos
Enthusiast
erdos began at the beginning.

Device: k4, Kobo Clara
change Overdrive storage location

hi, i use overdrive apps on my android to read library e-books and listen to audiobook. since my phone has MicroSD storage and i don't want to use phone memory while downloading big audiobook.

Is there a way to specify location downloaded materials to MicroSD instead of phone storage?
erdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:17 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It depends on the version of Android and the app.
You might go to Settings > Apps > "the app" and see is there an option to "move to external storage".
Or it can be an option in the app.

Some versions of Android use a different method for SD card access than others and unless the App is compatible it can't use it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2022, 09:11 PM   #3
erdos
Enthusiast
erdos began at the beginning.

Device: k4, Kobo Clara
thanks!

I figured it out: settings - storage - already set default storage location to SD card, however, overdrive settings still shows downloaded materials are saved on internal storage and can't be changed.

I reinstalled the overdrive apps, and this time it follows universal storage setting and save downloaded material to SD card instead of internal storage.
erdos is offline   Reply With Quote