Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
New Fire 7 Tablet

This didn’t seem interesting enough for the News forum.

Amazon’s bringing out a new Fire 7 tablet for $59.99; the major improvements are in battery life and USB-C. No change in display. And, the official cover is an insane $28.99, or essentially half the price of the tablet!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B096WKKK2K/

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/amaz...ate-specs.html

Frankly, I don’t get the market for the Fire 7. If you wait on a sale for the Fire HD 8, you get a much better device, for little if any added expenditure.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Frankly, I don’t get the market for the Fire 7. If you wait on a sale for the Fire HD 8, you get a much better device, for little if any added expenditure.
I'm that market. I use it to play games and not much else. I paid $30 for it during Black Friday 2019. That's all I feel the Fire 7 is worth. Now it's gone up $10 (from $50 to $60). Not happy about that, but hey, it is what it is. It'll be another year or two before I think about upgrading it.

BTW, the 8-inch is too big. Sure wish they'd bring back the 6-inch. That was a great tablet.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm that market. I use it to play games and not much else. I paid $30 for it during Black Friday 2019. That's all I feel the Fire 7 is worth. Now it's gone up $10 (from $50 to $60). Not happy about that, but hey, it is what it is. It'll be another year or two before I think about upgrading it.

BTW, the 8-inch is too big. Sure wish they'd bring back the 6-inch. That was a great tablet.
The Fire HD 6 was (and is) a lovely device. Gorgeous screen! One of these days, alas, it will cease to function because it no longer updates.

With trade-in, I’ve spent less than $30 on my last two Fire HD 8s. Size is personal, but for me the 8” tablet hits a nice spot in terms of portability and functionality, and the specs are so much better than the 7”.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I agree - the Fire HD 6 was a brilliant device! Only the Fire HDX 8.9 had a better screen IMHO.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The Fire HD 6 was (and is) a lovely device. Gorgeous screen! One of these days, alas, it will cease to function because it no longer updates.
The hardware lives on unable to function due to planned obsolescence
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I splurged on the HD 8 Plus not that long ago. It replaced my old Fire HD 10. I'm not sure I'd like anything smaller than the 8, to be honest.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote