Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
89jonese
89jonese began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata Download - keying off Series & Series_Index

I'm new to plugin writing (and even somewhat to Python though not to programming generally). I'm trying to write a plugin that uses the series and series_index fields to help locate covers/metadata for items. I've been examining the existing examples of metadata plugins, and I haven't seen any that seem to reference those pieces of metadata. It looks like author and title get passed explicitly, but I'm unclear on how I should reference other metadata fields in my code.

Sorry if this is an obvious one. Appreciate the assistance.
89jonese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC only title, author and identifiers are passed into metadata plugins for identification, not series and series_index.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert