Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For me, one of the fun parts of using calibre and reading the forums is finding how many different ways people have found to do the same task.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For me, one of the fun parts of using calibre and reading the forums is finding how many different ways people have found to do the same task.
Or how many ways MADE Calibre able to do the same task
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2020, 06:04 PM   #18
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
I was going to put together a little AutoHotkey automation script that would quickly run through the series of actions for a swap, but it turns out that it's already so easy I didn't bother... Neither the Individual, nor bulk, MDE have hot keys by default. So I assigned Alt+E to the bulk one.
Now I
1. Manually select one or more books that need Author <-> Title swapped.
2. Hold down Alt and press e, then w.
3. Release Alt and press Enter.

Still it would be slick to have this done programmatically so that the MDE gui didn't have to open.
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW. On the rare occasion I need to swap them for one book, I do it in the book list with F2, cut, tab, copy, paste, backtab, paste, enter.

It maybe more key strokes, but for me it is less intrusive with no pop-up multi-panel dialogues to navigate and exit, or need to remember application specific keystrokes. And it's what I'd do in a spreadsheet.

I've never wanted to do it for more then one because I would have done it before adding with BRU or something.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-20-2020 at 07:02 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM   #20
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You can use the Quality Check plug in and assign a keyboard short cut to swap title/author. I did this and it works well.
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #21
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk8677 View Post
You can use the Quality Check plug in and assign a keyboard short cut to swap title/author. I did this and it works well.
Kirk, I don't see this option in QC. Are you thinking of the FirstName <-> LastName swap?
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote