Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #1366
yamusing
Enthusiast
yamusing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata plugin from multiple different book title formats

Is there a plugin that is able to get metadata from the book titles and import them automatically into custom fields or primary fields? An example is if I have book names like this and I want to add them all in one go with metadata being pulled from their titles:
[author (publisher)] book title (series) [language]
[author (publisher)] book title [language]
[author (publisher)] book title
[author] book title (publisher)

I've tried using adding book regex but it will only work for one of each of these examples and I'd have to switch the regular expressions when the book title format has changed.
Wondering if some plugin can do something like this where if the filename doesn't have "(series)" in the regex "[author (publisher)] book title (series) [language]", then put in "[author (publisher)] book title [language]" instead and if there is no "[language]" then put in "[author (publisher)] book title".
yamusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #1367
beaLollina
Enthusiast
beaLollina began at the beginning.

Hi everyone, I was looking for some plugin for automated cleaning book titles when added to the library. In my case I thought it would be useful something that erase everything put in brackets (Example: date, numbers or language of the edition). Cleaning a title or more titles in that way would consistently reduce time spent for updating book informations from websites, as Goodreads. Is already existing something that "cleans" a book title? Thanks in advance and sorry if my English is not too clean and perfect, I don't use very often to talk about this book questions in this language, I hope is all understandable!
beaLollina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #1368
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaLollina View Post
Hi everyone, I was looking for some plugin for automated cleaning book titles when added to the library. In my case I thought it would be useful something that erase everything put in brackets (Example: date, numbers or language of the edition). Cleaning a title or more titles in that way would consistently reduce time spent for updating book informations from websites, as Goodreads. Is already existing something that "cleans" a book title? Thanks in advance and sorry if my English is not too clean and perfect, I don't use very often to talk about this book questions in this language, I hope is all understandable!
The Quality check plugin might do some of what you want ==>> Index of plugins

And the Search and Replace tab in Bulk (select multiple books) Metadata Edit can find patterns using Regular Expressions which can be replaced or removed - S&R specs can be saved with a name for later reuse. Be careful with this, there's no undo - make sure you have a backup of the library. I use a Test library if I'm uncertain.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:01 PM   #1369
beaLollina
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The Quality check plugin might do some of what you want ==>> Index of plugins

And the Search and Replace tab in Bulk (select multiple books) Metadata Edit can find patterns using Regular Expressions which can be replaced or removed - S&R specs can be saved with a name for later reuse. Be careful with this, there's no undo - make sure you have a backup of the library. I use a Test library if I'm uncertain.

BR
Thank you for your reply, guess we found an interesting new possible improvement for Calibre: the Undo button ! If you can do almost anything with this software why isn't it an option yet? Btw, I found very interesting the Quality Check plugin, I'm pretty sure it doesn't what I wanted to do but it does... some other things that will be very useful I guess.

Just for checking, do you think I could find and clean some text in bulk from the book titles with a "regular expression" (new term for me), with the s&r? Something it's not too complicated and easy to set? (and not too risky maybe, but I will make some try before checking it in my library, of course, thanks for suggesting it)
Old 05-12-2020, 10:58 PM   #1370
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Audit Log plugin features an an Undo capability.

BR
Old 05-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #1371
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaLollina View Post
Just for checking, do you think I could find and clean some text in bulk from the book titles with a "regular expression" (new term for me), with the s&r? Something it's not too complicated and easy to set? (and not too risky maybe, but I will make some try before checking it in my library, of course, thanks for suggesting it)

See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_quality_fixes_tooltips_customizing.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	179216  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #1372
beaLollina
Enthusiast

Quote:
The Audit Log plugin features an an Undo capability.

BR
Quote:
See the attached.

DaltonST
Thanks
Old 05-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #1373
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Copy recipe from cookbook to YAML format for Paprika

I use Paprika to all of my recipes.... it would be awesome if I could copy an area of a book and have the recipe automatically converted to the YAML format which Paprika understands, to quickly import the recipe!
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #1374
kirk8677
Enthusiast

Tag books quickly using keyboard

I have a large library. I want to with one keystroke, quickly tag books without entering sub menus. Ideally I'd be able to choose from a handful of tags - e.g. one key per tag. As it stands, even using bulk metadata edit, it can take a long time to tag.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #1375
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk8677 View Post
I have a large library. I want to with one keystroke, quickly tag books without entering sub menus. Ideally I'd be able to choose from a handful of tags - e.g. one key per tag. As it stands, even using bulk metadata edit, it can take a long time to tag.
Couple of things that might help:

If you tap Shift+F2 on a Tags cell in the book list, that will pop the Tags editor.

Metadata Edit has Copy and Paste tools, which can have kb shorts (I use Ctrl+c and and Ctrl+v) and the Paste tool works on multiple books.

So you could select say all books in series, use Shift+F2 to edit the Tags on the first book, then copy that books metadata to the other books in the series.

Use the Exclude fields when copy/pasting metadata tweak to exclude things like title, title_sort, series etc from the paste.

BR
Old 05-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #1376
kirk8677
Enthusiast

Thanks- it doesn't really solve the problem as I'd like to quickly tag with multiple different possible tags, not simply copy/pasting. (And sorry about the double post, but I would point out the first post was a question and the second one was a plug in suggestion once it became clear that there's no real way to do what I want!)
Old 05-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #1377
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@kirk8677 - optional plugins are normally written by someone who has a need for an additional feature. It's up to them if they 'publish' them here, many don't because they consider them too specific and/or they don't want to support them.

In some instances a request can be met by adding a feature to an existing plugin. I can't think of one - but you can browse the plugin index and if you see anything that looks like it might fit.

Tip: if you create a thread or post that relates to another thread include a link to it so that responders and mods get the full picture.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-24-2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #1378
kirk8677
Enthusiast

Thanks BR, I appreciate that. In the meantime, I actually solved my problem with the software "Keyboard Maestro" which, after a little tinkering, basically allowed me to turn the tagging action in to an easy to access keyboard macro. Now I can quickly go through each book and bucket them easily.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #1379
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Is there a plugin for Scribd ?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #1380
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
tag mapper

Map two different tags columns between each other.

Plugin would load a selected column and allow the user to choose another column to map those tags to.

Similar to the Goodreads Sync plugin that maps bookshelves to a chosen column, but instead of a static column to map from to a chosen column to map to, both columns are chosen to map.

Also, if possible, the ability to save sets of columns to load into the plugin.

results are

tags - "New Adult & College" maps to #h_tags - "Characters.Age.New Adult"
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe