Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
chrisnewton
chrisnewton began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Kobo Mini Bookmark question

Hi all

I have just purchased a Kobo mini for my wife, i have one niggling problem with it that i cant seem to suss out.

Basically when she reads a book and turns it off it does not go back to where she was when she switches it back on, it seems to go about 2 pages back from where she left it.

We have tried going back to the home page and then turning it off and also just turning it off whilst reading and still the same thing. If she is on page 34 for example it will go back to page 32 or 33 when she next goes to read.

Any ideas?

Thanks all
chrisnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
That's a firmware bug some people are having on sideloaded e-pubs. You'll have to wait for an update to fix. Fortunately Kobo does updates fairly regularly,
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
chrisnewton

ahhh thanks so do you reckon they will sort it?
Old 12-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle paper white, kobo mini, nook glo, iPad 3
Mine does this to. It's annoying. I found if I go a couple pages ahead then leave it I come back to it in the right spot.
weasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnewton View Post
ahhh thanks so do you reckon they will sort it?
This bug came with version 2.3.1 of the firmware, along with another bug that sometimes changes to a tiny font size at the start of a new chapter. They seem to have fixed the font size bug in version 2.3.2 which was released about two weeks after 2.3.1, so hopefully the wrong-page bug will be fixed next.

I find that if I close the book at the first page of a new chapter then it will reopen to the correct page.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
chrisnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
This bug came with version 2.3.1 of the firmware, along with another bug that sometimes changes to a tiny font size at the start of a new chapter. They seem to have fixed the font size bug in version 2.3.2 which was released about two weeks after 2.3.1, so hopefully the wrong-page bug will be fixed next.

I find that if I close the book at the first page of a new chapter then it will reopen to the correct page.
My version on my mini says 2.1.2 is this an old version?

sorry its 2.3.1 how do i get it to go to 2.3.2?

Last edited by chrisnewton; 12-27-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: adding comment
Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnewton View Post
My version on my mini says 2.1.2 is this an old version?

sorry its 2.3.1 how do i get it to go to 2.3.2?
Kobo sometimes release firmware to specific markets. And when they do a global release, they stage it so that different parts of the world get it over a week or so. To the best of my knowledge, 2.3.2 has only been released in Japan. It seems safe. If you want to try see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
At least with the Glo: This is still an issue as of the date of this post, even with the newest firmware.

Sideloaded epubs sometimes (a lot of times I am finding) skip pages when going back to the home screen and then reopening the book, or when the reader goes to sleep or is powered off and then you resume reading. Sometimes it skips a few pages, sometimes a lot of pages. Sometimes it only skips pages when going back to the home screen, but not power off or sleep; other times its all three situations.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I'm adding this bug to the Bugs thread.

Product: Glo, Mini
Firmware: 2.3.1
Plugins: ?
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Sideload an epub
  2. open it and go to a page that not starts a paragraph
  3. close the book or restart the device, and reopen the book
Current result: displayed page is 1-2 pages back the page you left
Expected result: displayed page should be the page you left
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
At least with the Glo: This is still an issue as of the date of this post, even with the newest firmware.

Sideloaded epubs sometimes (a lot of times I am finding) skip pages when going back to the home screen and then reopening the book, or when the reader goes to sleep or is powered off and then you resume reading. Sometimes it skips a few pages, sometimes a lot of pages. Sometimes it only skips pages when going back to the home screen, but not power off or sleep; other times its all three situations.
This has never once happened to me since upgrading from firmware 2.3.2. I think there are a number of other possible causes apart from firmware bug: faulty TOC or other problem in the book; corrupt database.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote