Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
What format works best on Jetbook Lite?

Missed out on the used Jetbook that was for sale on here, so broke down and ordered a Jetbook Lite from Newegg for my hubby. I have a Kindle 1, and opening the book in Stanza and putting it on Kindle in awz makes a much better reading experience than in any other format. I have a lot of PDF ebooks and have both Calibre and Stanza, so I can easily change the format. I just wondered if one format works better than another on Jetbook Lite. Thanks.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My vote would go for epub, for general reading.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Epub

I go with Ken EPUB seems to work the best
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
I usually read the HTML that is produced by ereader2html. Works well enough for me...
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Does jetbook support html format?
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Yes, it does do html.

Personally most of my books are .rtf or plain .txt.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
ePub and RTF
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks all! Sounds like epub will be the way to go.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
I would agree with epub as well.
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
EPUB, PRC are all working great on my JB!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
I suggest PDB.

Yep, this fairly old compression method results in a text display that does not have the wide gaps between lines that other formats seem to present on the jetBook Lite.

Try this: Use Calibre (or similar software) to convert a non-illustrated eBook to text (or, start with a *.TXT file). Then, convert the text to PDB, EPUB (and whatever else you enjoy). Then, look at the screen presentation on your jetBook.

Notice any difference?
Which method is more screenspace efficient?
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I guess it is a matter of taste, the little bit extra spacing of the epub, over
the pdb, is one of the reasons I prefer the epub. I find myself converting pdb
to epub, a lot lately.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
They're all about the same (pdf excepted). Once the reading software defeatures them, I've never seen any real difference. I've had a few html files with odd-ball scripts imbedded that hang. Most don't. This is one of the strengths of the jetBook. You can read almost any nonDRM format.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #14
rickyoon.vegas
rickyoon.vegas began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
I use both PRC and EPUB.
rickyoon.vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
Lintkaurea
Lintkaurea began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
All I read is in FB2 format and it works perfectly!
Lintkaurea is offline   Reply With Quote