Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
April Fools' Day 2017

Quote:
April Fools' Day (sometimes called All Fools' Day) is celebrated every year on April 1 by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes. The jokes and their victims are called April fools. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting April Fool. Some newspapers, magazines, and other published media report fake stories, which are usually explained the next day or below the news section in small letters. Although popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country.

Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales (1392) contains the first recorded association between April 1 and foolishness.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 03-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Or as the WH calls it, Aternative Facts Day. So is this like math wherein two minuses make a positive, so alternative, alternative facts day means we will hear the truth for a change?
Old 03-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
April Fools' Day 2017: the best (and worst) pranks

Quote:
April 1st — a day colloquially known as “April Fools’ Day” or “the worst holiday ever” — isn’t even until tomorrow, but because the month of April starts on a Saturday this year, all the #brands are already out in force to pollute the internet celebrate the occasion with a bunch of tiresome fun pranks meant to thirstily self-promote their products bring some levity into our day-to-day lives.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 07:56 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Or as the WH calls it, Aternative Facts Day. So is this like math wherein two minuses make a positive, so alternative, alternative facts day means we will hear the truth for a change?
Old 03-31-2017, 07:58 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I know why they jumped the gun a day early, but it makes no sense. If memory serves me correctly, the internet still works on Saturday.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yours does? Who's your ISP, I need to get on board with those guys.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just received a package/order from Amazon--same day delivery. Take a look at the item's manufacturer box. There is a hole in it the size of a silver dollar! The shipping box was okay, and it was well packaged except for the fact that they clearly sent me an item that was damaged, or at least the item's box was damaged. The item appears to be okay, but I'll test it out thoroughly to make sure. I sent an email to Amazon CS complaining. Not sure if I will return it or just bitch loudly!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	package-hole-01.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	1,023.3 KB
ID:	155900   Click image for larger version

Name:	package-hole-02.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	650.5 KB
ID:	155901   Click image for larger version

Name:	package-hole-03.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	693.2 KB
ID:	155902  
Old 03-31-2017, 08:15 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I just received a package/order from Amazon--same day delivery. Take a look at the item's manufacturer box. There is a hole in it the size of a silver dollar! The shipping box was okay, and it was well packaged except for the fact that they clearly sent me an item that was damaged, or at least the item's box was damaged. The item appears to be okay, but I'll test it out thoroughly to make sure. I sent an email to Amazon CS complaining. Not sure if I will return it or just bitch loudly!

You were lucky no one slipped a snake inside
Old 03-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #11
wodin
Illiterate

Does that look like a... BULLET HOLE!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Does that look like a... BULLET HOLE!
LOL! Well if it is it is an exit hole so they would have had to put the gun inside the box. There is a part that stuck out farther than the rest of the item and it was resting on the hole, so I assume it punched the hole. Probably happened in transit to the Amazon warehouse, but still they should have noticed it and swapped out with another one. It is supposed to be a brand new item.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:47 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I thought it looked like a snake had escaped.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

LOL, I guess the joke is on me! I just realized I posted the package snafu in the April Fools thread. D'oh! Sorry about that Monkey. I didn't mean to go off topic. Thought I was posting in another thread. This is what happens when we get old!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:11 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
LOL, I guess the joke is on me! I just realized I posted the package snafu in the April Fools thread. D'oh! Sorry about that Monkey. I didn't mean to go off topic. Thought I was posting in another thread. This is what happens when we get old!
No problem