Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-17-2015, 08:50 AM   #1
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Disappointed with Paperwhite highlight system, please recommend alternative reader

I would like an e-ink ereader that:
  1. allows me to add highlights and notes easily
  2. allows me to export highlights and notes easily, from an entire book all at once (to evernote, email, dropbox, whatever. I don't mind rooting/jailbreaking and installing third party apps to get this)
  3. has built in lighting
  4. eta: exports my highlights in their current state, unlike the kindle which includes deleted highlights

What would you recommend?

Backstory:
Notes and highlights are top-priority for me when I read. I recently received a Paperwhite2. I was disappointed with the Paperwhite2 because the My Clippings text file does not reflect the current state of my notes and highlights. Instead, it is a history of your highlights and notes, including deleted ones. For my purposes, this can be very confusing, to the point that I now find it unacceptable. I also can't jailbreak it because it came with 5.6.1 firmware.

Last edited by kleinjar; 07-17-2015 at 08:55 AM.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Have you tried using kindle.amazon.com for your highlights and notes? It might be better for you than My Clippings. My Clippings cannot easily remove entries, as it is just a .txt file.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
Yes, I have tried pretty much everything. Amazon's clippings page works well only for amazon-purchased books, i think.
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:58 AM   #4
randomzombie
Enthusiast
randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.

Device: current: Aura HD
Haven't used this is a while, if you're still curious a month later, but this was awesome when I was using Kindle...

https://clippings.io/
randomzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
clippings.io is definitely worth a try. Recommended it to another user here on this forum ages ago and still think it is worth a go!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomzombie View Post
Haven't used this is a while, if you're still curious a month later, but this was awesome when I was using Kindle...

https://clippings.io/
Wow, thanks! Glad I stopped by.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote