Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Kobo for PC storage

Hi. I have a few books bought from Kobo in France
When I download a book via Kobo for PC, where does the download get saved?
I know it used to be my digital editions when I had a US account, but this does't seem to be the case any more.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I did do a search, honest.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo for PC only downloads the books in kepub format; a format that can only be read by Kobo applications.

On the KoboBooks website, you can download the ADE version of books you have bought.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Peter. Any way to convert them? The kepubs, that is?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

To my knowledge, there is no way to convert kepubs because it is protected by DRM. However, you can download an ePub from Kobo and use the usual tools to read it on other devices (via ADE).
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
There is a way but we're not allowed to tell you how, due to the terms and conditions of this forum.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
There is a way but we're not allowed to tell you how, due to the terms and conditions of this forum.
Epubs yes but I have yet to see mention of a DRM hack for kepubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Epubs yes but I have yet to see mention of a DRM hack for kepubs.
though presumably if you... aehm... "hoover" the epub version and then "kobify" it again with the epub.kepub trick you'd get a "hoovered" kepub?

EDIT: of course one my wonder what the point of that would be, since if I am not mistaken only kobo devices can read .kepub files, so if you do have a kobo device you may as well use the original .kepub and keep a "hoovered" epub as backup.

Last edited by paola; 02-06-2013 at 03:12 AM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
though presumably if you... aehm... "hoover" the epub version and then "kobify" it again with the epub.kepub trick you'd get a "hoovered" kepub?

EDIT: of course one my wonder what the point of that would be, since if I am not mistaken only kobo devices can read .kepub files, so if you do have a kobo device you may as well use the original .kepub and keep a "hoovered" epub as backup.
The only reason I can think of to do this is if you want to change the formatting of a book but still wanted the "advantages" of the kepub format/reader. Otherwise, stick with the kepub and keep the ePub for backup or use on other devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #9
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

That makes good sense, thank you all for your help