Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 01:13 AM   #76
snb
snb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I have JB on my refurbished KPW3 with 5.8.9.0.1 and S/O switched off by Amazon support. It's very easy if you have update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin (knc1 didn't share it with me ).
snb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
From your reading here, you realize there is a chance it will brick.

We do not know any pattern to which ones will and which ones will not.
So we need to collect (in public) information from the people using this procedure:

Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet?
Is it a "refurbished" device?
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version?
Is it registered?
Does it have ads (Special Offers)?
Does it have a pass-code protection or parental controls enabled?
What country was it sold in?
What country was it delivered to?
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar).
See this post above ^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by snb View Post
I have JB on my refurbished KPW3 with 5.8.9.0.1 and S/O switched off by Amazon support. It's very easy if you have update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin (knc1 didn't share it with me ).
When you help us, we will help you (unless you want to buy a paid support contract).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #78
melli456
melli456 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Hi knc1, I have scoured the internet trying to find the update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin file , but haven't had any luck.

Here is my device info:
Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet? new, never connected to the internet
Is it a "refurbished" device? yes
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version? arrived with
Is it registered? not yet
Does it have ads (Special Offers)? currently, but plan to remove them before trying this
Does it have a pass-code protection or parental controls enabled? no
What country was it sold in? US
What country was it delivered to? US
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar) seller was Amazon

If you could provide me with update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin file I would be very grateful and would be happy to report back if it was successful or not.

Thank you.
melli456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #79
snb
snb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
When you help us, we will help you (unless you want to buy a paid support contract).
1. I didn't ask you about any help or advices, only file. But you start to discussing about my knowledge level. Why?
2. Are all of peoples who have link from you have paid support?
3. How can I help you?
snb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #80
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb View Post
1. I didn't ask you about any help or advices, only file. But you start to discussing about my knowledge level. Why?
2. Are all of peoples who have link from you have paid support?
3. How can I help you?
Provide the requested information.
Just the same way other people have "paid" for the information they need, by providing the information we need:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=74
Advert
Old 02-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #81
melli456
melli456 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by melli456 View Post
Hi knc1, I have scoured the internet trying to find the update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin file , but haven't had any luck.

Here is my device info:
Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet? new, never connected to the internet
Is it a "refurbished" device? yes
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version? arrived with
Is it registered? not yet
Does it have ads (Special Offers)? currently, but plan to remove them before trying this
Does it have a pass-code protection or parental controls enabled? no
What country was it sold in? US
What country was it delivered to? US
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar) seller was Amazon

If you could provide me with update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin file I would be very grateful and would be happy to report back if it was successful or not.

Thank you.
I wanted to follow-up and let you know that I have successfully jailbroken my refurbished PW3 with firmware 5.8.9.0.1. Thank you!
melli456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #82
DaAppleMan
DaAppleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
To be honest I got tired of waiting for a 5.8.8 jailbreak for my updated PW3. So I went out and bought a PW3 with 5.8.9.0.1 on it. Put the 5.7.4 update file on it and after a LONG reboot (it took nearly an hour for the install and the kindle load screen to go away) I had a very hackable PW3!
DaAppleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #83
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAppleMan View Post
To be honest I got tired of waiting for a 5.8.8 jailbreak for my updated PW3. So I went out and bought a PW3 with 5.8.9.0.1 on it. Put the 5.7.4 update file on it and after a LONG reboot (it took nearly an hour for the install and the kindle load screen to go away) I had a very hackable PW3!
Too bad you didn't PM me for the correct file.
Not to worry, the serial port is easy to connect to on a PW3.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #84
DaAppleMan
DaAppleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For which PW3? The one on updated 5.8.8, which you were not very polite over, or the new PW3 that I did myself and have now blocked the OTA updates on?
DaAppleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:33 AM   #85
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Too bad you didn't PM me for the correct file.
Not to worry, the serial port is easy to connect to on a PW3.
BTW, I did understand that DaAppleMan finally was successful with jailbreaking his out-of-the-box-5.8.9.0.1 PW3, though he used the horribly out-of-date initial fw file.

To recapitulate my jb'ing experiences with different PW3 (4 GB, WiFi) devices (all bought in brick-and-mortar stores here in Germany):
1) Bought around January 2017 (it came with a fw 5.8.3 or so on it...), using the 5.7.4 initial factory downgrade fw: Downgrading worked flawlessly, in around 10 or 15 minutes or so.
2) Bought in June 2017, delivery fw was 5.8.5 (or 5.8.6 - don't remember correctly...): Same procedure worked, but also took really about a whole hour stuck in the "Wait while your Kindle is updating..." screen. Finally, it started up with the factory 5.7.4, and was jailbreakable. I suppose, it has to do do with a newer hardware revision.
3) Bought in the December Sale 2017, out of the box fw was 5.8.9.0.1, and using your magnificent 5.8.9.0.1 initial factory firmware: Again, downgrading (or more precisely: sidegrading ...) took no longer than a quarter hour.

Conclusion: For PW3-4GB the very, very old initial factory fw 5.7.4 still could work, but with heavy problems (extremely long time for downgrading). But the 5.8.9.0.1 factory build is much better for currently selling PW3s (out-of-the-box 5.8.9.0.1), and the ONLY one that could be used with the PW3-32GB Manga model and that special fw version.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #86
mitrut0123
mitrut0123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3
I neeh some help regarding pw3 G090 G1 jailbreak.
I have gone through all the previouse steps and can't pass Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin install, i get 007 signature error.
Please advice

EDIT:Sorry, I did a previous step wrong, now it's working

Last edited by mitrut0123; 02-18-2018 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Finding the issue by myself
mitrut0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #87
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrut0123 View Post
I neeh some help regarding pw3 G090 G1 jailbreak.
I have gone through all the previouse steps and can't pass Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin install, i get 007 signature error.
Please advice
Did you check the md5sum of the file you downloaded?
Did you do anything else to rule out a corrupted download?
Where did you get that update file from? (link please if not this site)

What firmware was running when you started this process?
Where did you get the copy of the factory image you loaded? (link please if not from this site)
(I don't recall ever sending you the access details to my copy.)
Old 02-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #88
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Could update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin be used rather than the 5.7.4 factory image on machines that don't come with 5.8.9.0.1 but are jailbreakable, or is it better to use 5.7.4 for all kindles that don't already come with 5.8.9.0.1?
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #89
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
I have one report that a remnant PW3-4G sold here in Germany in a minor brick-and-mortar-store with an out-of-the-box fw 5.8.6 (or so - anyway it was below 5.8.8) could be very, very smoothly jailbroken using the 5.8.9.0.1 factory build. The first restart after the "downgrade" to the factory version took only about 10 minutes, i.e. much less time compared to the 5.7.4 method, where it could - really! - take up to a full hour for newer devices, so impatient people could think that the downgrade failed and therefore begin to panic...

I suggest to use the 5.8.9.0.1 factory firmware whenever possible!
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #90
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Ok, nice! Good to know that even if in some cases it's an upgrade rather than a downgrade, the 5.8.9.0.1 firmware works great. Thanks!

Could it be advisable to use it on older (5.7.x) units too?
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote