Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #16
Norah
Norah began at the beginning.

Device: IPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Could you upload here one of the images that you want to resize?

i will upload three version of the same image for comparison:

the first one is the original image that have low resolution

the second one is the Photoshop version of the image

and the third one is the PhotoZoom version of the image

as you can see the PhotoZoom version is the best one,the problem only with the big file size ....sorry i was confused yesterday and mix with another image, therefore i thought that the problem was with PhotoZoom.
i am waiting to install the IrfanView and give it a try.

Ludicrously large images deleted by moderator. This is a limit of 600x600 pixels on the size of an image that can be included in a message, as is very clearly stated in our posting guidelines.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-27-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Norah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #17
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norah View Post
i will upload three version of the same image for comparison:

the first one is the original image that have low resolution

the second one is the Photoshop version of the image

and the third one is the PhotoZoom version of the image

as you can see the PhotoZoom version is the best one,the problem only with the big file size ....sorry i was confused yesterday and mix with another image, therefore i thought that the problem was with PhotoZoom.
i am waiting to install the IrfanView and give it a try.
Ok, let's see if we can reduce the file size. I attach your original image but this time with a resolution of 300 pixels/inch. The size of the file (that is, width and heigth) are the same but instead of 96 pixels/inch it has 300 pixels/inch. And I have saved it as .pgn with the maximum compresion. Tell me how this new image fits the printing requirements.

Regards
Rubén
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga3jRrv (modified).png
Views:	278
Size:	511.2 KB
ID:	146750  
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norah View Post
Yes you are right, but i am trying to install this program since yesterday and my win 10 keep preventing the installation due to some alert, i will try to fix it today and see.
Where did you get it - from this list Download IrfanView

I just downloaded and installed latest 64 bit and plugins from Fosshub on Windows 10,

I avoid downloading freeware from CNET like the plague. At one stage they were creating download exe's infested with stuff you don't want, I assume they're still doing it. If they are then MS may be detecting it, Defender seems to be a bit smarter than the old MSE - even though it looks the same.

Also have a look at the install .exe's Properties, if Windows has Blocked the file from execution, there will a button to Unblock it. And there's feature called Smartscreen that can get in one's way, which I got rid of on the day I installed Win 10. MS has been infected with the same nanny state mentality as the other lot.

Is the nanny state mentality the obverse of the culture of blame?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You could also install the portable version http://www.irfanview.com/faq.htm#Q7
Quote:
Q: Is there a portable IrfanView version (for USB sticks, CDs etc.)?
A: Yes, EVERY IrfanView version is portable. You can:
1. Copy your existing/installed IrfanView folder to USB stick (recommended), or
2. Use the normal installer and install IrfanView to an USB stick folder, or
3. Use the ZIP version and unzip to a USB stick folder.
(Note: the ZIP version of IrfanView is always available on the website link Other download sites at the bottom of the page).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #20
Norah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Tell me how this new image fits the printing requirements.

Regards
Rubén
I will try to upload this image with some other pages to test that with createspace.com printing requirements.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
Norah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Where did you get it - from this list Download IrfanView

I just downloaded and installed latest 64 bit and plugins from Fosshub on Windows 10,

I avoid downloading freeware from CNET like the plague. At one stage they were creating download exe's infested with stuff you don't want, I assume they're still doing it. If they are then MS may be detecting it, Defender seems to be a bit smarter than the old MSE - even though it looks the same.

Also have a look at the install .exe's Properties, if Windows has Blocked the file from execution, there will a button to Unblock it. And there's feature called Smartscreen that can get in one's way, which I got rid of on the day I installed Win 10. MS has been infected with the same nanny state mentality as the other lot.

Is the nanny state mentality the obverse of the culture of blame?

BR
Yes, I actually used their website to download the file,
I also don't prefer cnet or whatever smellier sites to download any program.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #22
Norah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You could also install the portable version http://www.irfanview.com/faq.htm#Q7
thank you for the advice, if i fail to run the installer, i will go for this solution.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #23
Norah

i succeeded in installing the IrfanView by Enabling the Built-in Administrator Account in Windows,and installing the program from there.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
An installation program should automatically run with admin rights (after asking you for permission first). Something strange there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:35 PM   #25
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An installation program should automatically run with admin rights (after asking you for permission first). Something strange there.
Indeed - One of the How To sites has

Quote:
You really shouldn’t use this account for anything other than troubleshooting. In fact, you probably shouldn’t use it at all
BR
Old 02-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #26
Norah

every time i click on the exe file, i get something similar to this message :

therefore i go for the admin account.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Norah - see if this helps == > Unblock File in Windows 10

As I previously suggested it's looks like its MS latest 'make work scheme' aka Smartscreen.

I think its smart enough to know not to block it again when you download a new version.

BR
Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #28
Norah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Norah - see if this helps == > Unblock File in Windows 10

As I previously suggested it's looks like its MS latest 'make work scheme' aka Smartscreen.

I think its smart enough to know not to block it again when you download a new version.

BR
thank you for the link

Tags
3ds max, ebook, images, printing, up-sampling