Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Which colour Kindle 3G are you ordering?
White 14 10.37%
Graphite 121 89.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Will you buy the Kindle 3G in White or Graphite?

Just wondering which colour Kindle 3G you guys are considering? Please feel free to leave a message describing why you have opted for white or graphite.

Me? I originally wanted a white one but was unable to order it to Australia (I could order it to South Africa but I'm gonna be in Aus for a month when the K3 is released). I thus pre-ordered a graphite K3 3G

Last edited by rapidblue; 07-31-2010 at 02:52 PM.
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Only the graphite seems to be available in the UK at present. That suits me fine; I prefer the graphite to the white.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I ordered the graphite one. I liked the white, but the graphite is new and cool!
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only the graphite seems to be available in the UK at present. That suits me fine; I prefer the graphite to the white.
UK too?

So far:
USA, Canada, Germany, South Africa = white/graphite
UK, Aus = graphite only

Last edited by rapidblue; 08-02-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyfitz View Post
I ordered the graphite one. I liked the white, but the graphite is new and cool!
True, the graphite is new and cool. My first thoughts when I saw it was "wow, graphite, how scheet it that!!" Then when I sat down and thought about it I opted for the white. Then when ordering it to Aus I had to take a graphite. So, I guess I must always go with my first impression...
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Graphite for me, and I'm in the US so I have a choice. I can see the white potentially being reflective and irritating in bright environments/outdoors. The graphite just looks so...professional, I love it. I've never had a kindle before, so I might be way off on the white border being distracting in bright environments, but that was the logic I went with, after all the silver trim on my PRS-300 can get irritating at times.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

the same in germany.
If you are on the german amazon page an you click on the link to the kindle, you will redirect to amazon.com. You have to select "Your Primary Country of Use".
Then you don't have the possibility to choose the colour. Only the graphite one seems to be available.

Because I like the graphite one much more than the white one, this is no problem to me.

Maybe you can order the white one direct from amazon.com, without to choose the "Primary Country of Use".

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

the same in germany.
If you are on the german amazon page an you click on the link to the kindle, you will redirect to amazon.com. You have to select "Your Primary Country of Use".
Then you don't have the possibility to choose the colour. Only the graphite one seems to be available.

Because I like the graphite one much more than the white one, this is no problem to me.

Maybe you can order the white one direct from amazon.com, without to choose the "Primary Country of Use".

Bratzzo
@Bratzzo - please could I ask you a favour? Please can you go to the following link
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FSUDM4
and see if you can add a white one to your cart. Then proceed to check-out and see if you can get to the section where you review your order... just don't complete it Will be interesting to see if they will ship the white one to Germany. If they not shipping the white to Germany either then they'll kick you out and try send you back to that international page.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
@Bratzzo - please could I ask you a favour? Please can you go to the following link
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FSUDM4
and see if you can add a white one to your cart. Then proceed to check-out and see if you can get to the section where you review your order... just don't complete it Will be interesting to see if they will ship the white one to Germany. If they not shipping the white to Germany either then they'll kick you out and try send you back to that international page.
On amazon.com I can choose the white one and I can see it on the chart, until finally to sent the order

So I think that you can also order the white one and they would ship it to germany.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I was sorely tempted to buy one or the other until I noticed that the new keyboard has no numbers or forward slash. I can live without the forward slash, but I use numbers all the time, and having to access them from the alt menu would be a pain.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I was sorely tempted to buy one or the other until I noticed that the new keyboard has no numbers or forward slash. I can live without the forward slash, but I use numbers all the time, and having to access them from the alt menu would be a pain.
I thought the numbers were typed by hitting alt and the corresponding key on the top row, kind of like using your Fn key on a laptop. I didn't think it was a separate menu.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I ordered the graphite since it was the only international choice. But even though I think white is pretty, I don't like having white things.. especially when they turn yellow after using them for a few years.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
pabulous
pabulous began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300 (owned for about a month!), Kindle 3 preordered
Although I had no choice being a UK customer, I would've gone for the graphite anyway - it makes the device look a lot more classy, as stupid as that sounds. I only hope it's not a fingerprint magnet.
pabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 AM   #14
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

On amazon.com I can choose the white one and I can see it on the chart, until finally to sent the order

So I think that you can also order the white one and they would ship it to germany.

Bratzzo
Thanx, so white is going to Germany too
Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 AM   #15
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
I have a wight Kindle DX.
But I wish to have a GRAY one !
I think black or white are not suitable for eye stress, especially under sun light.
The white still better color, but black has more features in new edition.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote