Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
goldenboy
goldenboy began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
prs-505 registration and authorization troubleshoot

I am currently helping someone set up their sony prs-505. All software is installed, and the adobe DE is authorized on that specific computer. When we go to authorize the reader itself, in the ebook interface, only a thing with "product registration" under a waterstone link.

My question is, how do i authorize a UK sony prs-505, so that i can transfer the ebook already purchased, and shown in adobe DE, to the reader itself. I have researched for a few hours, and have yet to successfully authorize the damn thing.

Any help would be absolutely wonderful! Thanks in advance
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
According to http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...er_sony_reader, it should just detect the reader & offer to authorize it. I'm fairly sure that mine just worked, so if you're sure all software (including the Sony software) is installed (and you've restarted Windows) I've no idea!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
goldenboy

The sony firmware is installed, along with digital edition. I can pull bootleg pdf ebooks into the device without any problem. When it comes to protected content purchased, the device does not allow it and tells me to authorize.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Does the Reader show up in Digital Editions?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
When you say "and the adobe DE is authorized on that specific computer"
Do you mean that you authorized ADE with an AdobeID? (the alternative have activated it "anonymously"). You cannot transfer content from an anonymously activated instance of ADE to a Sony Reader. If you are unsure about this select "Authorize Computer" from the "Library" menu in DE. If you have already authorized it will tell you which AdobeID, you are authorized against. If you haven't authorized it will start the process.

However you should also answer Igorsk's question, does the Sony Reader show up at all in Digital Editions?. If it doesn't then you need to make sure you have installed the Sony Library software in addition to the latest firmware update.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 03-16-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
goldenboy

Yes it is authorized from the library menu, although when i go to transfer, i get this error message with a bunch of numbers like 8009125 (that is not what it is, because i am away from the reader at this time).

Is this a problem of a US citizen living partially in Europe purchasing the reader in the UK, and trying to upload when in the US?