Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind
britesc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Question Zombie Book Entries

Hi,
I have a couple of book entries which appear to have no content but I cannot remove the entries. I get a dialog saying that there is nothing there.
Can anyone please advise me on how to delete these entries.
Thanks and kind regards,
jB
britesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by britesc View Post
Hi,
I have a couple of book entries which appear to have no content but I cannot remove the entries. I get a dialog saying that there is nothing there.
Can anyone please advise me on how to delete these entries.
@britesc - please post a screen shot of the dialogue, if it's a calibre msg it probably it has a Copy to clipboard button, click it and post clipboard contents here.

And what operating system do you use?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind
britesc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Question

Hi,

Thanks for answering my post.

Clipboard Contents:
Quote:
calibre, version 2.80.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'\\\\W2SEAB2A3\\Data-149\\Google Drive\\Calibre Library\\Microchip Technology Inc_\\MCP7940N Data Sheet (2315)\\*.*'

calibre 2.80 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Library Codes (1, 0, 27) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 4) && iOS reader applications (1, 4, 7, 0, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 3) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 404, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 378, in do_library_delete
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 385, in delete_books_by_id
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1596, in remove_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1465, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 359, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'\\\\W2SEAB2A3\\Data-149\\Google Drive\\Calibre Library\\Microchip Technology Inc_\\MCP7940N Data Sheet (2315)\\*.*'

Thanks and kind regards,
jB
britesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Ugh... You are aware that storing a calibre library within Google Drive is highly problematic, buggy and risky?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by britesc View Post
Hi,

Thanks for answering my post.

Clipboard Contents:
Spoiler:
Quote:
calibre, version 2.80.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'\\\\W2SEAB2A3\\Data-149\\Google Drive\\Calibre Library\\Microchip Technology Inc_\\MCP7940N Data Sheet (2315)\\*.*'

calibre 2.80 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Library Codes (1, 0, 27) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 4) && iOS reader applications (1, 4, 7, 0, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 3) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 404, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 378, in do_library_delete
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 385, in delete_books_by_id
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1596, in remove_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1465, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 359, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'\\\\W2SEAB2A3\\Data-149\\Google Drive\\Calibre Library\\Microchip Technology Inc_\\MCP7940N Data Sheet (2315)\\*.*'

Thanks and kind regards,
jB
I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

Quote:
Even with these tools there is danger of data corruption/loss, so only do this if you are willing to live with that risk. In particular, be aware that Google Drive is incompatible with calibre, if you put your calibre library in Google Drive, you will suffer data loss. See this thread for details.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Ugh... You are aware that storing a calibre library within Google Drive is highly problematic, buggy and risky?
You are being kind

It is a DISASTER waiting to happen (and it did for the OP )

OP: Your books are still there (G) but GD breaks the Calibre ID association

Bring that LIBRARY folder back (and detach it from GD). Other clouds do work for backup/shadow BUT always STOP/pause sync before launching Calibre

DO read the FAQ's at the Calibre download site to avoid issues in the future
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delete, zombie