Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
psamim
psamim began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Unhappy Read-Only file system/Corrupted jailbroken PW3

Hi,

I just jailbreaked my PW3 with the steps given here and everything went fine. After that I wanted to install MRPI installer. It did not install and when I connect the USB cable to my device I cannot wite anything to it.

From command line, and even with sudo it says "Read-only file system". When I cd into the kindle it displays "cannot access 'mrpackages': Input/output error". I think maybe I had not safe-removed my device and some file system corruption has happened.

Is there any solution to this?
Can I reset my device? Or bring back the original file-system and firmware without having write access to it?

PS: The device itself has no problem writing to the file-system, I can download books.
psamim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by psamim View Post
Hi,

I just jailbreaked my PW3 with the steps given here and everything went fine. After that I wanted to install MRPI installer. It did not install and when I connect the USB cable to my device I cannot wite anything to it.

From command line, and even with sudo it says "Read-only file system". When I cd into the kindle it displays "cannot access 'mrpackages': Input/output error". I think maybe I had not safe-removed my device and some file system corruption has happened.

Is there any solution to this?
Can I reset my device? Or bring back the original file-system and firmware without having write access to it?

PS: The device itself has no problem writing to the file-system, I can download books.
"it did not install" - that is wrong.

Where did you get the package (link please)?
What where the messages given and/or log entries made?

Either you are doing something wrong or you have a very special Kindle, somehow different than the 10's of thousands of other people who have not had this problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
psamim

I had given the link to the post I followed in my first post. I extracted the archive as said and copied them to my device. It says it adds something to KUAL, which it did not.

And I can not see even my copied directories. That is why I think that It was not copied completely, maybe due to my bad cable.

Whatever, the problem is now the device is read-only. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
Samim
Old 02-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Re-boot it, without any cable attached, either good or bad.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
psamim

I have no Idea why I did not do that! Thanks. Restarted the device, re-installed everything and it's working now.

Thanks
Advert