Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Headcase_Fargone
Headcase_Fargone began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Calibre automation sans command-line

I just started using Calibre and had a few questions for the good folks of this forum. I'm mainly looking to automate the addition of new books as much as possible through the GUI. So far I've managed to set it up with DropBox to where my library is stored there and accessible via two installations of Calibre. This is also where my watch folder is.

Is it possible to set up Calibre to, when books are found in the watch folder, automatically A. download metadata and covers, B. convert to the preferred format, and finally C. send the new books to the device (if it's connected of course).

Is this doable through the GUI, or will I need to write a batch file with command lines?
Headcase_Fargone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcase_Fargone View Post
I just started using Calibre and had a few questions for the good folks of this forum. I'm mainly looking to automate the addition of new books as much as possible through the GUI. So far I've managed to set it up with DropBox to where my library is stored there and accessible via two installations of Calibre. This is also where my watch folder is.

Is it possible to set up Calibre to, when books are found in the watch folder, automatically A. download metadata and covers, B. convert to the preferred format, and finally C. send the new books to the device (if it's connected of course).

Is this doable through the GUI, or will I need to write a batch file with command lines?
The only 'Auto to Device' available is News
The Watch folder (step 1) has no way of signaling your Batch file to do (start) for step 2,3 or 4
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Headcase_Fargone
Headcase_Fargone began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The only 'Auto to Device' available is News
The Watch folder (step 1) has no way of signaling your Batch file to do (start) for step 2,3 or 4
That's unfortunate. Batch file it is then. I'll just write it to check the watch folder and add to the library then do the rest. Making a cron job for it to run every so often should work after that.
Headcase_Fargone is offline   Reply With Quote