Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
New to Jailbreaking

Hiya!

My hubby goes to auctions where they sell lost baggage & unclaimed freight. I've explained to him about how Amazon kills lost Kindles and why he shouldn't buy them unless it's in a sealed box and, well, he doesn't believe me. So! Guess what I have? A blacklisted Kindle Paperwhite 2 3G. LOL I tried registering it and it said Internal Error.

I have my own Paperwhite and thankfully he didn't spend very much on this one. Can a blacklisted Kindle be jailbroken? Can anyone point me to an easy to understand guide on how to do this? I didn't want to do it with mine because I didn't want to brick it but I figure I now have a tester so I might as well try. And if it does work, will I be able to access the 3G or no?

Thanks for your patience & guidance.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Hiya!

My hubby goes to auctions where they sell lost baggage & unclaimed freight. I've explained to him about how Amazon kills lost Kindles and why he shouldn't buy them unless it's in a sealed box and, well, he doesn't believe me. So! Guess what I have? A blacklisted Kindle Paperwhite 2 3G. LOL I tried registering it and it said Internal Error.

I have my own Paperwhite and thankfully he didn't spend very much on this one. Can a blacklisted Kindle be jailbroken? Can anyone point me to an easy to understand guide on how to do this? I didn't want to do it with mine because I didn't want to brick it but I figure I now have a tester so I might as well try. And if it does work, will I be able to access the 3G or no?

Thanks for your patience & guidance.
Yes, just use the regular jailbreak for all of the K5 (and paperwhite) devices.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

Now "access the 3G or no" is a bit vague - - -
You will not be able to use Amazon's "free" 3G network without the registration.

You probably can install a non-Amazon 3G SIM card and use a regular 3G provider's data network.
(That may require a bit of diddling - but it has been done on other models.)
I write "probably" because I don't recall anyone posting the directions for a PW2 (just for other models).

Last edited by knc1; 07-03-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
It's against our site policy to provide any assistance with blacklisted devices. Thread closed.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-04-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I don't think this device is blacklisted - unexpected error message for that case.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Sorry Harry. I don't know that it is or isn't, I just assumed because the in person auction house sells lost & unclaimed baggage and the goods within and the reader gave me the internal error message.

Thanks for your help knc1. Much appreciated.
Advert
Closed Thread