Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
DaddyDan2007
DaddyDan2007 began at the beginning.

Device: Pixelar M Reader
E -Reader Availability

I have been looking at e-readers for some time and have a Pixelar E-Reader to open at Christmas. The problem is there are so FEW e-readers available int the UK. I saw an e-bookwise 1150 on amazon.com for $45.00 and they will not ship to the UK. Is there anyone out there who knows of a site to tell you which ones are available here in the UK. I saw this and all the reviews look good and I wouldn't mind getting one as it is backlit and good for reading in bed at night. Help!
DaddyDan2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Pretty old technology (~2007) so I'd stay clear of this one. The $45 one's on Amazon were used, not new. The new ones still sell (in the US and Canada only) for $99. For this price, buy a Kindle K3 wifi for $139 and a cheap booklight (~$5).

This might be a much better companion to your Xmas-presie Pixelar E-Reader since it will allow you to buy Amazon books as well.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
The eBookWise 1150 is one ugly machine, and the specifications leave a lot to be desired.

I'd recommend getting a Kindle 3 from Amazon UK for £139. Also WH Smith and Play.com have a selection of eReaders available. I'd personally stick with a Kindle, or Sony device.
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
silverreader
silverreader began at the beginning.

Device: sovos
Hi Mate i purchased a sovos ereader from play.com for £69.99
its backlit and colour,plays films and music (mp3 and more importantly flac files) excellent value for money shame a cover is not easily available - the cover for the kindle - sony etc is £30 ouch
silverreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I'd stick with a reputable online retailer that deals in the UK, like amazon.co.uk. I just checked and they have a lot of different ereaders listed on the UK site.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
e-reader