Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
Of course, we could have a separate script "reset cpu freq to max" but that is a bit cumbersome...
I'd publish the Matchbox applet that lets you select your CPU frequency off the toolbar but bricks bricks bricks iRex has provided no Average Joe means of installing applets.

You'd think that if they were giving up on auto power management, which is pretty clear, they'd at least give us this standard applet to let us control the power right?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I'd publish the Matchbox applet that lets you select your CPU frequency off the toolbar but bricks bricks bricks iRex has provided no Average Joe means of installing applets.
Or, like your clock applet, you could release it now and let users who want to take the risk add it...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #18
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

That isn't my clock applet, its the stock standard Matchbox Clock Applet.

I thought they would have released the re-flash tool by now.

They haven't explained just how effective this re-flash tool is. What kinds of bricks can it handle?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
scotty1024
Banned

Sometimes I really hate it when I'm right.

And it hurts twice as deeply because it was yokos, and he was trying to make an installer for such a dangerous thing to make it safe for others.

So double double double no, no other applets.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
There is a new ipdf out. This time rincewind added "Quick Erase patch" [pausing stylus on screen erases last written; there is a avi video, which explains it much better.]
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1241

OT: iLiad has got /usr/bin/md5sum, which I tested to check checksum of installed ipdf or back-up file, & then scripts does the correct decision. Right now I feel a bit trapped.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #21
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Thank you, Yokos. Could a kind soul provide an installation script for the timid?
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #22
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere
Thank you, Yokos. Could a kind soul provide an installation script for the timid?
Here you go, this one will move /usr/bin/ipdf to /usr/bin/ipdf.org before installation of the new version. After uninstallation of the new version the original will be moved from /usr/bin/ipdf.org to /usr/bin/ipdf.
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtas
Here you go, this one will move /usr/bin/ipdf to /usr/bin/ipdf.org before installation of the new version. After uninstallation of the new version the original will be moved from /usr/bin/ipdf.org to /usr/bin/ipdf.
Thanks, but didn't you forget something?
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #24
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere
Thanks, but didn't you forget something?
I did indeed . Here's a new try.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf-psave_1.0.1.zip (37.5 KB, 328 views)
Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #25
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Sorry if it is a stupid question, what else do i need apart from the script ipdf-psave 1.0.1.zip to try the saving power ipdf?
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #26
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario
Sorry if it is a stupid question, what else do i need apart from the script ipdf-psave 1.0.1.zip to try the saving power ipdf?
You'll have to have the shell access from iRex. After that, unzip the file, copy the file ipdf-psave 1.0.1.sh to your iLiad (either to a memory card or to the internal memory) select the file with the content lister and original ipdf version will be replaced with the power saving one.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
You'll have to have the shell access from iRex. After that, unzip the file, copy the file ipdf-psave 1.0.1.sh to your iLiad (either to a memory card or to the internal memory) select the file with the content lister and original ipdf version will be replaced with the power saving one.
Does this include revert option like a previous patched ipdf did?
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:33 AM   #28
Cloud
Cloud began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Librie, sigmabook
Quote:
I have run your script in the news folder of the internal memory.
After that, I cannot open any pdf files.
My iLiad's OS is v2.9.5.
Help me, please...
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #29
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Try the attached file. It's the one from the first page of this thread, but with the version changed to 2.9.5. I don't believe there were any ipdf changes from then to now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_for_2.9.5.zip (76.5 KB, 318 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #30
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Try the attached file. It's the one from the first page of this thread, but with the version changed to 2.9.5. I don't believe there were any ipdf changes from then to now.
I think Rincewind changed it since then.

See this thread and the iRex Forum.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote