Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #91
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Time for a big update again, version 1.6.0. This time I would advise to uninstall the older version before installing this version. A lot of updates, the complete list can be view in the changelist.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #92
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Time for a big update again, version 1.6.0. This time I would advise to uninstall the older version before installing this version. A lot of updates, the complete list can be view in the changelist.
You just like to see me work hard.

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #93
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was reported to me that Google Chrome reports the file as potential malicious. This is of course rubbish and very annoying. Unfortunately there is no way for me to contact Google to report them there is a false positive and that they should fix it. Chrome is kind of notorious with this.
Download with other browsers do not give any issues. If you don't trust it, you can always check the downloaded file with Virustotal. It will thoroughly test it and you can see it is clear.
I hope the download will work as it should after the next Chrome update. I will also try to keep contacting Google about this problem.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #94
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It was reported to me that Google Chrome reports the file as potential malicious. This is of course rubbish and very annoying. Unfortunately there is no way for me to contact Google to report them there is a false positive and that they should fix it. Chrome is kind of notorious with this.
Download with other browsers do not give any issues. If you don't trust it, you can always check the downloaded file with Virustotal. It will thoroughly test it and you can see it is clear.
I hope the download will work as it should after the next Chrome update. I will also try to keep contacting Google about this problem.
Tox:

Yes, you can, actually, I looked into it for you. DL the file yourself from Chrome. When you get the stupid message, click the down arrow to the RIGHT of "Dismiss." then click, "learn More."

On the next page ( https://support.google.com/chrome/an...d_blocked&rd=1 ), which sends you here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/3258249

And you can request a "malware review" which purportedly only takes 48 hours.

Does that help, or have you already done this?

Hitch
Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #95
Toxaris
Wizard

Yeah, you would think so... However, there is no option to do a 'malware review', since there is no malware on my site. Go figure...
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #96
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Yeah, you would think so... However, there is no option to do a 'malware review', since there is no malware on my site. Go figure...
Tox:

That's kinda the point. Just request the review, or (then) ask for a reconsideration review, either. I mean...it can't hurt.

Hitch
Old 06-17-2014, 02:29 AM   #97
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Tox:

That's kinda the point. Just request the review, or (then) ask for a reconsideration review, either. I mean...it can't hurt.

Hitch
Dear, that is the problem. There is no button/option/whatever to request that. Not even a mail-address. The links just sent you around in circles. These false positives are a known issue that pops up every now and then. Their fora are filled with reports and nobody seems to be able to contact them (except big companies). Even having the executable digitally signed wouldn't help.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #98
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Dear, that is the problem. There is no button/option/whatever to request that. Not even a mail-address. The links just sent you around in circles. These false positives are a known issue that pops up every now and then. Their fora are filled with reports and nobody seems to be able to contact them (except big companies). Even having the executable digitally signed wouldn't help.
Bummer. I know the "round and round" thing far too well, from another of their "helpful" areas, so I apologize for sending you off on a wild goose chase, if I did. Mea culpa.

Hitch
Old 06-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #99
Toxaris
Wizard

No problem, it was the first thing I checked myself. It appears I have to be 'patient' and 'hopeful' that the next update of Chrome will fix it. Yeah, right... I have created a small update with some fixes recently, so I will repack. Perhaps that will work.
I had to do a fresh install since the hard drive in my laptop broke and I found some strange bugs not visible to me before. Those bugs will haunt anyone that tries the add-on for the first time. For example, on a freshly installed system the 'Check dialogue' procedure does not work, unless you change the default values in the settings first. Quite annoying.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #100
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
No problem, it was the first thing I checked myself. It appears I have to be 'patient' and 'hopeful' that the next update of Chrome will fix it. Yeah, right... I have created a small update with some fixes recently, so I will repack. Perhaps that will work.
I had to do a fresh install since the hard drive in my laptop broke and I found some strange bugs not visible to me before. Those bugs will haunt anyone that tries the add-on for the first time. For example, on a freshly installed system the 'Check dialogue' procedure does not work, unless you change the default values in the settings first. Quite annoying.
Tox:

Will these bugs show up on a not-so-fresh install, e.g., some idiot who forgot to uninstall the last version, before installing this one (cough, cough)?

Hitch
Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #101
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Tox:

Will these bugs show up on a not-so-fresh install, e.g., some idiot who forgot to uninstall the last version, before installing this one (cough, cough)?

Hitch
It should not... However, I hope to release the bugfix tonight. Uninstall should no longer be required at all.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #102
Toxaris
Wizard

Version 1.6.1 is ready. It contains some fixes/updates and also two new (small) features. Changelog can be found here.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #103
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Version 1.6.1 is ready. It contains some fixes/updates and also two new (small) features. Changelog can be found here.
Cool. I'll have to remember to use something like Exploder to download it. ;-)

Hitch
Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #104
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Install Fail

Hi Toxaris

Installed EPUB Tools, when I started Word 2007 I got an error, see attachment for details

In case its relevant - I have VS 2008 installed on this box

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	125206  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #105
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hi Toxaris

Installed EPUB Tools, when I started Word 2007 I got an error, see attachment for details

In case its relevant - I have VS 2008 installed on this box

BR
The add-in is created with VS2010. Therefore it requires the VSTO2010 runtime (as specified). It can not operate with VSTO v3, which is delivered by VS2008 unfortunatly. That is causing this error.
If you would install the VSTO2010 runtime, it should work fine. As far as I know, installing the runtime will not cause a conflict with VS2008.

Last edited by Toxaris; 07-11-2014 at 02:22 AM.