Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
freespeechuser
Member Retired
freespeechuser began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Stanza Finally Dead?

After all the drama and corporate/Amazon sabotage of Stanza, is it finally dead?

I've just - perhaps belatedly - discovered that attempting to access its settings under iOS 6 results in an endless round of crashing and bizarre behavior.

I'm assuming that's the end of it, and that the best reader of iOS is no more. Has anyone found differently?

-Bryan
freespeechuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
It seems that I can do everything except enter the settings menu on the info tab (the one with the gear), at which point I have to kill it...

I can't think of any behavior that I'd really NEED that would be in that menu [nor do I know what was there], so it's not a fatal blow, but it's another nail.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
For me its dead; not being able to tweak the settings makes it unusable.
I kind of like iBooks lately, the vertical scroling is nice, and the cheesy page emulation is long gone.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I find that the settings I use most are still available to me (the colours and font settings) so not being able to do anything with the others makes no difference to me. You can access *some* settings from inside a book, but don't try to get to "Layout" or "General": you'll have to reboot.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I find that the settings I use most are still available to me (the colours and font settings) so not being able to do anything with the others makes no difference to me. You can access *some* settings from inside a book, but don't try to get to "Layout" or "General": you'll have to reboot.
I didn't have to reboot, just kill the app. Hit home a few times (the first one doesn't work for some reason), then do the double tap home, hold, and kill.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stanza is dead. Long may it stay dead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Stanza is dead. Long may it stay dead.
You sound like my son. "I don't want it and I don't want my friends to have it either"
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Selecting Stanza just results in a blank screen for me.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
yes, I have given up in stanza
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios, stanza