Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 06:28 PM   #46
raisjn
raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo libra h2o, kobo clara hd, kobo elipsa 2e
if input_demo can draw to screen, that is really promising!! now the question is: why did remux not succeed at drawing :-/ the line about "displayed launcher for 400ms" is a little suspicious, but I'm unsure

Last edited by raisjn; 01-31-2024 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:33 PM   #47
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
That is encouraging news!

Dragging the square - you're right about how that works.

Swiping not killing app - right again, it is killed by clicking on the memory stat listed to the right of the item in the main menu, which you are not seeing.

Drawing_demo and simple not doing much - lol drawing_demo presents a blank page for you to drag your finger around to leave a hazy trail. Simple is really a framework within a framework to support the actual script app which you would click on like menu.sh.

The one other test I could suggest before Raisjn checks in is:
If you put your ereader in Activities mode so that there are no Nickelly elements to respond to touch in the middle of the display, what happens when you click on your invisible remux main window, where the menu elements are supposed to be?

Maybe they are there but invisible....
Advert
Old 01-31-2024, 07:07 PM   #48
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

oh hi raisjn, didn't see you there!

I'm not sure if this is anything, but unlike Clouds, my very next line after detecting device was "Enabled Kobo Mark 7 quirks".

Maybe NiLuJe could lend some insight?
Old 02-01-2024, 08:35 PM   #49
elinkser
Groupie

On a hunch, I tried rmkit in landscape rotation and got the same "NOT SHOWING LAUNCHER IN LANDSCAPE" as Clouds.

So I removed the condition.

$ nano -l src/remux/launcher.cpy
Code:
  34 //#define PORTRAIT_ONLY
Now I don't get the message.
Clouds can you try this one please?

Last edited by elinkser; 02-02-2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:21 PM   #50
raisjn
raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

wow, good catch! I completely missed that log line - hmmm ������

elinkser: when you removed that define, did remux show in landscape mode?
Advert
Old 02-02-2024, 01:25 PM   #51
elinkser
Groupie

Yes that's right.

The previous remux (0131) gives repeated "NOT SHOWING LAUNCHER IN LANDSCAPE" log messages when I swipe up in landscape orientation.

The latest remux (0201) displays the launcher menu correctly when I swipe up. (You have to swipe from all the way at the bottom corner, but it did not cause me any nickel item activation.)

Interestingly, the latest input_demo (0131) works while the one I uploaded in Post #1 gives me a double pane.

Conversely, the harmony drawing app uploaded in Post #10 still works great, as does the puzzles collection from Post #28, but the latest harmony seems to not permit drawing with any drawing tool. Rpncalc works, for those who like reverse polish notation calculators.

Killing apps and returning to Nickel worked unless I used the old input_demo.

So, I guess we're waiting on Clouds...
I uploaded rpncalc for an extra incentive!

Last edited by elinkser; 02-23-2024 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 04:41 PM   #52
raisjn

Quote:
Conversely, the harmony drawing app uploaded in Post #10 still works great, as does the puzzles collection from Post #28, but the latest harmony seems to not permit drawing with any drawing tool.
I see the problem. I'm not sure what the correct capability to check is (look for supports_stylus in input.cpy). I need some indication that there is a stylus on the Elipsa. It looks like other devices also claim to support BTN_TOOL_PEN, though.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:23 PM   #53
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Now I don't get the message.
Clouds can you try this one please?
With remux-0201 I don't get the "NOT SHOWING LAUNCHER IN LANDSCAPE" message either. Unfortunately that's all that's different. Still nothing happens on screen. Output is the same as well (apart from the "landscape" line)

Quote:
If you put your ereader in Activities mode so that there are no Nickelly elements to respond to touch in the middle of the display, what happens when you click on your invisible remux main window, where the menu elements are supposed to be?
Well....nothing really. Nothing on screen, no output to ssh window. I tried tapping everywhere on the screen just to be sure.

On the positive side of things: rpncalc works fine...
Old 02-02-2024, 08:49 PM   #54
elinkser
Groupie

Ok, let's try this:

You can try to get launcher to "show" via second SSH window where you launch command:

# echo 'show' > /run/remux.api

(This info was from src/remux/README.md)
Code:
92 ### API (0.1.6)
94 remux opens `/run/remux.api` as a FIFO and listens for incoming commands. The supported commands are `show`, `hide`, and `back`.

Let's add a second way to get the launcher to show in remux-0202:

# echo 'show2' > /run/remux.api

Anything displayed?
You may have to do a '# ps' then '# kill -KILL <remux.sh process id> to kill remux.

Code:
 430     if line == "show":
 431       self.show_launcher()
 432     else if line == "show2":
 433       app_dialog->show()

(Unrelated) kludge to get wordlet app to compile:

$ nano -l src/wordlet/app/keyboard.cpy
Code:
119             kev := KeyboardEvent {self.text}
130           kev := KeyboardEvent {self.text}
159             kev := KeyboardEvent {self.text}

Otherwise, same error would occur 3 times e.g.:
/keyboard.h:121:18: error: designated initializers cannot be used with a non-aggregate type 'ui::KeyboardEvent'
121 | auto kev = KeyboardEvent {text:this->text};

Last edited by elinkser; 02-23-2024 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:42 PM   #55
raisjn

Clouds: i'm waiting on a KA1, should hopefully be here next week

elinkser: you can try fbink branch again (harmony should support drawing properly now (i hope). i tested on elipsa and clara. i'll also go back over this thread and pull in more of your fixes
Old 02-03-2024, 05:19 PM   #56
elinkser
Groupie

Latest harmony tested and drawing working again.
Thanks raisjn!
Old 02-03-2024, 06:41 PM   #57
Clouds

Quote:
You can try to get launcher to "show" via second SSH window where you launch command:

# echo 'show' > /run/remux.api
Another step forward!
Running remux-0201, issuing echo 'show' > /run/remux.api in the second ssh window launches the menu! Menu items that refer to programs that would work when launched from cli (such as input_demo, rpncalc) can then be launched from the menu.

After running echo 'show' > /run/remux.api the menu shows and the window running remux says:

NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 759165664
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 768111328
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 776913632
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 785732320
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 794272480
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 803054304
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 812266208
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 821236448
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 830251744
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 839172832
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 848065248
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 856732384
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 865923808
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 874996448
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 884101856
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 892920544
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 901657312
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 910340832
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 919360224
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 928658144
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 937951968
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 946873056
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 955974368
HANDLING API LINE show
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 965087968
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.0133834
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -736 RET 0
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -614 RET 0
stopping apps took 0.0222954
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.220952 TOTAL SIZE 3572 KBYTES, 228656 ELEMENTS
No such file or directory
memory stats took 0.0319325
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 4232 MS
LAUNCHING APP input_demo input_demo
POWER MANAGEMENT: 1
RESETTING MT GESTURES
CHECKING PROCESS input_demo 0
COULDNT OPEN machine id FILE 2
[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Aura One (373 => Daylight @ Mark 6)
[FBInk] Clock tick frequency appears to be 100 Hz
[FBInk] Screen density set to 300 dpi
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1404x1872, 32bpp @ rotation: 3 (Counter Clockwise, 270°)
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 10813440 bytes & line length: 5632 bytes
[FBInk] Canonical rotation: 0 (Upright, 0°)
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 32x32 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 43 cols, Page size: 58 rows
[FBInk] Vertical fit isn't perfect, shifting rows down by 8 pixels
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 for the foreground and #FFFFFF for the background
W: 1404 H: 1872 S: 1408
*** UNRECOGNIZED KOBO DEVICE, TOUCH MAY NOT WORK ***
OPENING /dev/input/event0 AS BUTTONS
OPENING /dev/input/event1 AS TOUCH
OPENING /dev/input/event2 : UNKNOWN EVENT DEVICE
RENDERING input_demo
DECOMP TOOK 0.0162585
OPENING /dev/input/event3 : UNKNOWN EVENT DEVICE
ERROR OPENING INPUT DEVICE /dev/input/event4

Quote:
Let's add a second way to get the launcher to show in remux-0202:
# echo 'show2' > /run/remux.api
This method works too. However, it appears that when using this method touch input is sent to both the menu, the program that was started from the menyu, and Nickel below it. With the original method to launch the menu touch input is sent only to the menu and app launched from it.
It appears to me that this is because method2 doesn't stop the currently running app.
The lines from method1
stopping apps took 0.0222954

don't appear with method2. Instead, with method2 only this line appears:
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -2725 RET 0

Sometimes, regardless of the method used to spawn the menu, there will be a long (or even endless) loop of
NEW THREAD EXC Resource temporarily unavailable

put out to the window running remux. I haven't been able to find a pattern or cause yet.

Also the screen isn't always (re)drawn completely. E.g. when launching the menu or one of the menu items, only part of the screen is redrawn. Input elements do work at that time even when invisible, and if input actions give reason to redraw (part of) the screen, the program is displayed (more) completely.

I added the echo 'show' > /run/remux.api command as an entry to NickelMenu too. That way to spawn the menu works too.

Last edited by Clouds; 02-03-2024 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 09:09 PM   #58
elinkser
Groupie

Nice job. I'm glad were able to get a nice NickelMenu app out of it.

Now we can relax and wait for raisjn to get an Aura One.

But if you want, we can also continue to plod along at a leisurely pace.
Totally optional of course!

Did the usual edits:

Spoiler:

$ nano -l src/common.make
Code:
 7 CPP_FLAGS=-pthread -lpthread -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-narrowing -Wl,--gc-sections
$ nano -l src/rmkit/util/machine_id.cpy
Code:
69 //          case util::KOBO_DEVICE_ID_E::DEVICE_KOBO_CLARA_HD:
70 //            debug "RUNNING ON CLARA HD"
71 //            break
$ nano -l src/rmkit/input/events.cpy
Code:
190       swap_xy = false
191       if getenv("INV_Y") != NULL:
192         invert_y = true
193       if getenv("INV_X") != NULL:
194         invert_x = true
195       if getenv("SWP_XY") != NULL:
196         swap_xy = true
197       if getenv("ROT_4") != NULL:
198         rotation %= 4
199       switch version:

Did a new edit:

Code:
 337       debug "HIDE:App"
 894     debug "HIDE:launch"
 940         debug "show_launcher:setup_gestures"

Copied src/build/remux to /mnt/onboard/.adds/rmkit/bin/apps/ and ran from SSH:

Spoiler:

# RMKIT_KOBO_ANY=1 INV_X=1 ROT_4=1 sh /opt/bin/remux.sh
[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Clara HD (376 => Nova @ Mark 7)
[FBInk] Enabled Kobo Mark 7 quirks
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1072x1448, 32bpp @ rotation: 3 (Counter Clockwise, 270°)
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 6782976 bytes & line length: 4352 bytes
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 24x24 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 44 cols, Page size: 60 rows
[FBInk] Vertical fit isn't perfect, shifting rows down by 4 pixels
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 for the foreground and #FFFFFF for the background
W: 1072 H: 1448 S: 1088
ERROR OPENING INPUT DEVICE /dev/input/event2
ERROR OPENING INPUT DEVICE /dev/input/event3
READING CONFIG FROM /home/root/.config/remux/remux.conf
memory stats took 0.028295
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
RESETTING BPP TO 32
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
STARTING SUSPEND THREAD
STARTING FIFO THREAD
LAST SUSPEND LOOP WAS 1707097068 AGO, RESETTING IDLE TIMER
SETTING UP GESTURES
SETTING LAUNCH GESTURES TO DEFAULT
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
gesture: swipe
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 0 0 107 1448
direction: up
distance:
show_launcher:setup_gestures
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 964 0 1072 1448
distance:
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 0 0 107 1448
direction: down
distance:
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 964 0 1072 1448
distance:

Then, swiping up gives messages:

Spoiler:

NOT SHOWING LAUNCHER IN LANDSCAPE
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.0275937
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -200 RET 0
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -66 RET 0
stopping apps took 0.019426
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.149806 TOTAL SIZE 940 KBYTES, 60162 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.027762
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

And I get the launcher menu.
Clicked on Nickel menu entry to close the launcher and got:

Spoiler:

HIDE:App
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 18764 MS
LAUNCHING APP Nickel Nickel
POWER MANAGEMENT: 0
RESETTING MT GESTURES
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -200 RET 0
CHECKING PROCESS nickel 1
nickel IS ALREADY RUNNING, RESUMING
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -66 RET 0
HIDE:launch
RENDERING Nickel
DECOMP TOOK 0.0116363
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

Last edited by elinkser; 02-05-2024 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:02 PM   #59
Clouds

Quote:
But if you want, we can also continue to plod along at a leisurely pace.
Thanks for your continued efforts!
Sure, I'm in as long as you are too :-D

Results with remux-0204:
Spoiler:
[root@kobo ~]# ps | grep remux
2801 root 0:00 grep remux
[root@kobo ~]# RMKIT_KOBO_ANY=1 INV_X=1 INV_Y=1 sh /opt/bin/remux.sh
COULDNT OPEN machine id FILE 2
[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Aura One (373 => Daylight @ Mark 6)
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1404x1872, 32bpp @ rotation: 3 (Counter Clockwise, 270°)
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 10813440 bytes & line length: 5632 bytes
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 32x32 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 43 cols, Page size: 58 rows
[FBInk] Vertical fit isn't perfect, shifting rows down by 8 pixels
W: 1404 H: 1872 S: 1408
OPENING /dev/input/event2 : UNKNOWN EVENT DEVICE
OPENING /dev/input/event3 : UNKNOWN EVENT DEVICE
READING CONFIG FROM /home/root/.config/remux/remux.conf
memory stats took 0.0330092
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
RESETTING BPP TO 32
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
STARTING SUSPEND THREAD
STARTING FIFO THREAD
LAST SUSPEND LOOP WAS 1707158680 AGO, RESETTING IDLE TIMER
SETTING UP GESTURES
SETTING LAUNCH GESTURES TO DEFAULT
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 0 0 140 1872
distance:
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 1263 0 1404 1872
distance:
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 0 0 140 1872
distance:
ADDED SWIPE GESTURE:
command:
fingers:
min_events:
zone: 1263 0 1404 1872
distance:

### Swiping up in Nickel ###
### Menu is not shown ###
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.00535521
stopping apps took 0.00970171
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.205602 TOTAL SIZE 3513 KBYTES, 224875 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.0323065
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 358 MS
NOT HIDING LAUNCHER BECAUSE INTERVAL < 500

### echo 'show' > /run/remux.api in 2nd window ###
### Menu is shown as intended ###
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 767288032
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 775754464
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 784855776
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 793539296
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 801932000
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 810357472
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 819000032
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 828416736
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 837403360
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 846635744
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 855196384
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 863711968
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 872162016
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 880657120
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 889823968
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 898425568
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 907805408
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 916591328
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 925090528
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 934019808
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 942658272
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 951636704
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 960783072
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 969429728
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 978281184
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 986919648
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 995799776
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1004471008
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1013019360
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1021416160
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1030300384
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1039622880
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1049047776
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1057628896
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1066971872
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1075823328
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1085039328
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1093432032
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1102713568
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1112093408
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1121452768
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1129861856
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1139122912
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1147560672
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1156850400
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1165619936
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1174643424
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1183781600
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1193022176
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1202344672
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1210852064
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1220203232
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1229038304
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1237611232
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1246905056
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1255326432
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1264530144
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1273840352
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1283117792
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1292169952
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1301553888
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1310184160
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1318851296
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1328165600
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1337025248
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1345438432
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1354732256
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1363161824
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1372103392
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1381458656
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1390629600
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1399767776
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1408455392
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1417769696
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1426981600
HANDLING API LINE show
NEW THREAD EXC Unknown error 1435620064
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.102214
stopping apps took 0.00979096
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.161992 TOTAL SIZE 8 KBYTES, 545 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.0315881
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

### Choose menu item Nickel ###
### Nickel is activated again ###
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 4506 MS
RESETTING MT GESTURES
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -736 RET 0
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -614 RET 0
HIDE:launch
RENDERING Nickel
DECOMP TOOK 0.0167785
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

### Another swipe up in Nickel ###
### Still no menu ###
CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.0116728
stopping apps took 0.0227276
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.171261 TOTAL SIZE 1600 KBYTES, 102455 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.0314834
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 353 MS

The main difference I see with your output log when swiping up is
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 358 MS

Could it be that the launcher is actually shown, but then quickly hidden again (before even being rendered to screen) because the swipe up is also interpreted as clicking outside the menu, thus closing it?
Old 02-05-2024, 06:58 PM   #60
elinkser
Groupie

That's the spirit!
Raisjn mentioned that quick exit too.
So I am trying to find the entry points (leaving threading for raisjn.)

Did the usual edits from Post #58.

New edit 0205:

Code:
 243     void on_row_selected(string name):
 244       CURRENT_APP = name
 245       debug "AppDialog:on_row_selected:HIDE"
 246       self.hide()
 264       if bin != "":
 265         c->mouse.click += PLS_LAMBDA(auto &ev) {
 266           if app_name == APP_NICKEL.name:
 267             debug "AppDialog:render_row:CLICK_APP_NICKEL"
 268             return

$ nano -l src/rmkit/ui/pager.cpy
Code:
79       debug "AppDialog:ui::Pager:on_button_selected"

Now after running rmkit and swiping up gives messages:

Spoiler:

CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.0277973
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -198 RET 0
stopping apps took 0.0181257
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.149476 TOTAL SIZE 984 KBYTES, 63017 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.0292333
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

And I get the launcher menu.

Clicked on Nickel menu entry to close the launcher and got:

Spoiler:

AppDialog:ui::Pager: on_button_selected
AppDialog: on_row_selected:HIDE
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 27260 MS
RESETTING MT GESTURES
SENDING 18 TO GROUP -198 RET 0
RENDERING Nickel
DECOMP TOOK 0.0108113
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

If I had clicked on any blank area outside the menu area:

Spoiler:

DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 58198 MS
RESETTING MT GESTURES
RENDERING Nickel
DECOMP TOOK 0.0122603
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

And I'm back in Nickel.

If I had swiped up to show the launcher menu and clicked right at the end of the swipe:

Spoiler:

CURRENT APP IS Nickel
current app took 0.024241
SENDING 19 TO GROUP -198 RET 0
stopping apps took 0.01792
SNAPSHOTTING Nickel
COMP TOOK 0.150162 TOTAL SIZE 984 KBYTES, 62997 ELEMENTS
memory stats took 0.0294837
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 950 MS
RESETTING MT GESTURES
RENDERING Nickel
DECOMP TOOK 0.013944
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32

And I'm back in Nickel.

If I had clicked on input_demo instead of Nickel in laucher menu:

Spoiler:

AppDialog:ui::Pager: on_button_selected
AppDialog: on_row_selected:HIDE
DISPLAYED LAUNCHER FOR 36504 MS
LAUNCHING APP input_demo input_demo
POWER MANAGEMENT: 1
RESETTING MT GESTURES
CHECKING PROCESS input_demo 0
RENDERING input_demo
[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Clara HD (376 => Nova @ Mark 7)
[FBInk] Enabled Kobo Mark 7 quirks
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1072x1448, 32bpp @ rotation: 3 (Counter Clockwise, 270°)
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 6782976 bytes & line length: 4352 bytes
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 24x24 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 44 cols, Page size: 60 rows
[FBInk] Vertical fit isn't perfect, shifting rows down by 4 pixels
W: 1072 H: 1448 S: 1088
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
DECOMP TOOK 0.0110073
SETTING SCREEN DEPTH 32
RUNNING ON CLARA HD
ERROR OPENING INPUT DEVICE /dev/input/event2
ERROR OPENING INPUT DEVICE /dev/input/event3

Last edited by elinkser; 02-27-2024 at 07:15 PM.
Closed Thread