Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2023, 10:09 PM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilometr View Post
If I may I would like to request the firmware sd card image for the Kobo N236 Aura Edition 2 V2. Thank you
You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for PMs to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetman View Post
Hello all,
is there a way to get the Kobo N514 Aura (first edition) firmware?
TIA
tony
The Kobo N514 Aura has fixed internal storage so an image is not available. OTOH, some people have had good luck booting from the external µSD with a Aura N250 H2O image.

I've PMmed you the link to the N250 image.
Advert
Old 08-28-2023, 10:13 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PMs sent
Old 08-29-2023, 04:34 AM   #34
rub147
rub147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Can I receive the image for Kobo N249 Clara HD? Thanks!
rub147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:55 AM   #35
Descof
Descof began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura h2o
Hi DNSB
I need the sd image for kobo aura h20
Thanks in advance
Descof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 05:25 AM   #36
CoffeeCat
CoffeeCat began at the beginning.

Hi,

I have a bricked (Updating..) Kobo Clara HD device (Model: N249). Could i get an SD card image for that?

Thanks!
CoffeeCat
CoffeeCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:00 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PMs sent.
Old 08-30-2023, 12:46 AM   #38
Joop Banaan
Joop Banaan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
Bricked Kobo Aura N514

Hi
I have 2 Kobo Aura readers N514. Both have a frozen display, only the power led goes on or off. I hope to repair them with a new image on the SDcard. Can you please send me an image?
Joop Banaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:05 AM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop Banaan View Post
Hi
I have 2 Kobo Aura readers N514. Both have a frozen display, only the power led goes on or off. I hope to repair them with a new image on the SDcard. Can you please send me an image?
The Kobo Aura 514 does not have a internal µSD card. There have been reports of people booting from an Aura H2O image copied to a µSD card which is inserted in the external µSD card socket. I'll send you the link to the N250 Aura H2O image.

PM sent.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:09 AM   #40
EreaderLover
EreaderLover began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Clara HD N249
Hi! I need the sd card image for KOBO Clara HD N249 please. Why we should we ask here? Why can't you just post the file?
EreaderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:19 AM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EreaderLover View Post
Hi! I need the sd card image for KOBO Clara HD N249 please. Why we should we ask here? Why can't you just post the file?
For the most part, because the image contains Kobo proprietary software and as a community, we prefer not to attract the attention of lawyers. One example quite a few years back was a site where the posters were having fun modifying and extending the software for some digital cameras. At some point, they attracted the attention of Canon's lawyers (I think it was Canon but would not bet more than jellybean money on it) and the site ended up shutting down.

PM sent.
Old 08-30-2023, 05:54 AM   #42
icandoit
icandoit began at the beginning.

Hi guys, could someone share with me the Kobo Clara HD img? My Kobo is stuck on Restoring screen since yesterday ... Thank you!!!
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:49 AM   #43
dotdotdot3
dotdotdot3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2; Kindle Paperwhite 5
Hi. Thanks for making this post. Could I get the SD card image for Libra 2? I need the image to have a stock or installed firmware version >= 4.32. I know some people (including me) bricked their libra 2 by downgrading to a firmware version <= 4.31. It seems like if your libra 2 comes with a firmware >= 4.32, you cannot downgrade it further because the old battery management doesn't seem functional on new revisions.
dotdotdot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:40 AM   #44
Jeff
Jeff began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Can I get the image of the N905B?
My kobo doesn’t work anymore.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 01:28 PM   #45
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PMs sent.

And yes, downgrading to a version older than the factory version is Not A Good Idea and, as mentioned, can brick your ereader since the hardware support is not there.

Tags
firmware requests