Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2024, 01:33 PM   #1066
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Sure, but that's not what you want. You want a stock version of the current firmware, not a stock version of the launch firmware.
Depends on what issues you are trying to correct with the factory reset. Anything that has modified the system partition needs the full factory reset to correct. The first level factory reset will not touch that. The Kobo Patcher patches can be removed by a re-install of the firmware but some other modifications will not be completely removed. Basically, if you look at the KoboRoot.tgz file for an installer, if it places files anywhere other than in /mnt and it's subdirectories, the first level factory reset will not remove them. If you look at the NickelMenu installer, the file installed in /usr/local/Kobo/imageformats will not be removed though the ones installed in the .adds directory in the FAT32 partition will be wiped.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:11 PM   #1067
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
FWIW, and I may be wrong, I'm not convinced that this is a patch-related problem. It looks more like a problem with the reading app. Is this a kepub by any chance?
Assuming it's kepub, you'd be correct.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2024, 03:03 PM   #1068
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
New to patching, does the term smartlinks in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml = row3 in nickle.yaml?

For example, if I use:
Quote:
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: yes
it should override
Quote:
Only show stats SmartLink: yes
Answer: yes, smartlinks==row3

Last edited by mgrimace; 03-10-2024 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Answer
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:11 AM   #1069
late_reader
late_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Have you tried the existing patch Only show Pocket SmartLink located in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml? It's not exactly what you asked for but, as far as I know, it does put a permanent direct link to Pocket access on the Home screen - in row 3 column 2.

It's not one I use myself but I'm not aware that anyone has reported it as no longer working in the latest fw, 4.38.21908.
Hey there! Later reader and late replier too

I'm aware of the Only show Pocket SmartLink but I'm currently using his sibling Only show stats SmartLink hence why I was hoping for a way to change the Shop Kobo area to Pocket.

On another note, I've recently installed BananaMangaReader and set the browser to open fullscreen but found that when it opens fullscreen, the only menu item available at the bottom of the screen when clicking the screen is the Pocket button, which does nothing. I don't have an issue with that rather with the lack of the rest of the browser menu, so the only way to exit the browser is to force reboot the kobo.

When I open the browser in modal I can see both the Pocket button and the meatballs(?) menu (three horizontal dots) to the right of the Pocket, which is all good.

Doing the fullscreen browser with a combo of
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenBrowser=true
and nickelmenu shortcut
Code:
menu_item :main :Browser :nickel_browser :http://banana:1234/
I've also tried it with
Code:
menu_item :main :Browser :nickel_browser :https://google.com
and it's the same, fullscreen browser shows only the Pocket button in its bottom strip.

EDIT: just found that I can exit the fullscreen browser by just sleeping and waking the kobo, no need to force reboot it
late_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:45 PM   #1070
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by late_reader View Post
I don't have an issue with that rather with the lack of the rest of the browser menu, so the only way to exit the browser is to force reboot the kobo.
menu_item:browser:Quit:nickel_misc:home
Advert
Old 03-18-2024, 08:38 AM   #1071
late_reader
late_reader began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
menu_item:browser:Quit:nickel_misc:home
I already have that, but it's added inside the three dots menu which in fullscreen is not displayed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	browser-fullscreen.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	206977   Click image for larger version

Name:	browser-modal-3dotsmenu.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	206978   Click image for larger version

Name:	browser-modal.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	206979  
late_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:38 PM   #1072
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by late_reader View Post
I already have that, but it's added inside the three dots menu which in fullscreen is not displayed...
Ah, I see. I could make a patch for that...
Old 04-09-2024, 05:16 AM   #1073
kookoo
kookoo began at the beginning.

Hello, I would like to ask if it is possible to have a patch that could completely remove all numbers (as in the # Books listed on the side next to the collection name) from the collection view. Ideally I would like it to remove them from the author view as well, but the collection view is more important to me. Thank you!
kookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:16 AM   #1074
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post
Hello, I would like to ask if it is possible to have a patch that could completely remove all numbers (as in the # Books listed on the side next to the collection name) from the collection view. Ideally I would like it to remove them from the author view as well, but the collection view is more important to me. Thank you!
I won't speak for others but, personally, I'm not interested in creating/maintaining patches whose only purpose is to either remove functionality or to conceal useful information, especially when that information isn't being replaced by something even more useful.

If you can persuade someone else to create it for you, good luck to you both.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:02 PM   #1075
kookoo

Quote:
I won't speak for others but, personally, I'm not interested in creating/maintaining patches whose only purpose is to either remove functionality or to conceal useful information, especially when that information isn't being replaced by something even more useful.

If you can persuade someone else to create it for you, good luck to you both.
Oh, I understand thank you. Just to ask, then is it possible to replace the number with "number minus the books read". Because the main issue for me is that all the collections are 3/4 filled with books that are already completed, making the number useless to me, especially since removing books from the collection isn't really an option. I understand if it's not possible, but I just wanted to ask just in case. Thank you again.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:20 PM   #1076
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post
Oh, I understand thank you. Just to ask, then is it possible to replace the number with "number minus the books read". Because the main issue for me is that all the collections are 3/4 filled with books that are already completed, making the number useless to me, especially since removing books from the collection isn't really an option. I understand if it's not possible, but I just wanted to ask just in case. Thank you again.
I'm not sure whether a patch could do something like changing the method of how a particular value is calculated. Patching is more like keyhole surgery than being able to completely rewrite stuff.

I know that I'm not able to do what you ask, but whether someone like @geek1011, who is far more technically proficient, could do it I can't say. When he next visits this thread he may be able to tell you.

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-09-2024 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:25 PM   #1077
kookoo

Quote:
I'm not sure whether a patch could do something like changing the method of how a particular value is calculated. Patching is more like keyhole surgery than being able to completely rewrite stuff.

I know that I'm not able to do what you ask, but whether someone like @geek1011, who is far more technically proficient, could do it I can't say. When he next visits this thread he may be able to tell you.
Oh I see, thank you so much I appreciate it!
Old 04-11-2024, 11:58 AM   #1078
Duke5127
Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Could there be a patch to see what value the sliders are for font size, line height, font weight, etc?
Duke5127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #1079
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke5127 View Post
Could there be a patch to see what value the sliders are for font size, line height, font weight, etc?
Please don't double post. Someone already answered your question in the NickelMenu thread.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:45 AM   #1080
eliot
eliot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
This may have already been asked, and I'm not sure how big a task it would be, but...

Some sort of integration with Raindrop.io would be incredible as an alternative to Pocket. Maybe even adapting the Pocket API URL to some sort of hosted proxy? I'm not entirely familiar with the development of patches, so I'm not sure how it would work technically.
eliot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests