Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Unhappy Problems ordering from Borders

I've tried ordering a Touch from Borders using different browsers about 6 times now and I'm in Sweden. Unfortunatly when I get to the last step they say my VISA info is faulty. I haven't heard anything from their support yet but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Interesting, never heard of that one. I would recommend that you check with the company that issued you the card in the first place. The company has an incentive to ensure that you can freely order anything you like since they make dollars off your use of the card. Kobo obviously would like to make the sale, however it never hurts to have two companies looking into the same problem, perhaps between the two of them one of them can come up with a solutions.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
dreamers
dreamers began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch, iPad, iPhone
I was having problems with my Visa card, and it turned out that i was inputing the expiration date wrong. but my card number and ccv was all correct. boy was it frustrating when it dawned on me that i was inputing the wrong date.
dreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Nanopr
Connoisseur
Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch
You should contact customer support. I live in Puerto Rico and usually when that happens to me (when buying from an internet site) it means that they have blocked purchases from your country. Either by error or on purpose. You will have to call or email them to find out.
Nanopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I've tried ordering a Touch from Borders using different browsers about 6 times now and I'm in Sweden. Unfortunatly when I get to the last step they say my VISA info is faulty. I haven't heard anything from their support yet but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
If you're ordering from a Borders USA website, their system may not be able to verify your Visa info. The EU privacy legislation for credit cards is pretty draconic, and one of the things they're strict on is to hand out your personal info and credit card info to corporations outside the union. If that is the case, you may need to contact them and ask them what they require from you to verify. The company I work for has a list of approved documents that you can scan and send in to prove that the credit card is yours and valid (like a power bill for the address you claim the card belongs to, with your name as the power company customer).
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I have to go to my bank today. According to my account the ordering went fine and I've ordered 6 Kobo Touches . I'm not panicking yet since the money isn't sent, just reserved, still I'll have to use some of my savings until the money reverts back to my account. Borders first reply just said that there was something wrong with my VISA (never had any trouble before), we'll see what happens next.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
kobofreak
Reading Rocks!
kobofreak began at the beginning.

Device: kobo(wifi), kobo touch
I had a problem with my mastercard the first time i tried to use it. it said the information wasn't right, even though i double checked and it was. so i refreshed the page and reentered the information and that seemed to work. but if refreshing or closing the page and reentering it doesn't work, i would call your card company and make sure no fraudulent activity has been detected for your account. if that has been cleared up and it still doesn't work out, i would contact border's customer service.
kobofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Andy1324
Andy1324 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Same deal

I also had problems placing order for Kobo Touch trough borders to Finland, it should work but I got the same problem as owly and it seems they also reserved 2 touches from my card. Has anyone in europe actually managed to buy KT from borders and how is the shipping time/price from chapters in canada.

Because of the weak dollar compared to the € it would be preferable to buy from Borders or some similar vendor.
Andy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
owly
Guru

Okay, so I tried ordering again this time with a Masters Creditcard from a different bank and the same thing happened again.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Stop! Don't order from Borders as they're closing!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43797505..._news/43797505
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #11
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Seems I got in just in time then.
I asked a friend in the US to buy one for me and send it over (to the UK).
He bought it at a Borders a week or so ago and I received it late last week.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
Dimwit
Connoisseur
Dimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo
For those thinking of getting a Kobo, order from Chapters/Indigo. Borders financial straits have caught up with them and they will be closing Friday.
Dimwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwit View Post
For those thinking of getting a Kobo, order from Chapters/Indigo. Borders financial straits have caught up with them and they will be closing Friday.
Not quite correct, they start liquidation on Friday(maybe) which means they will be open until everything(mostly) is gone, likely with some time limit I imagine...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
owly
Guru

I tried ordering from Chapters/Indigo and at checkout I got the message that they don't ship e-readers outside of Canada.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
Xexist
Xexist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Xexist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Xexist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I tried ordering from Chapters/Indigo and at checkout I got the message that they don't ship e-readers outside of Canada.
If you get desperate enough to recruit a 3rd party to pick it up and ship it to you, PM me
Xexist is offline   Reply With Quote