Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
Suzy Patootie
Suzy Patootie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy 647 on the fritz

Hello, I'm new to forums so I'm not sure I posted this at the right place. My Kobo 647 is on the fritz. I cannot add any books etc. I had lent it to a friend and when I tried to use it all the books were gone and now matter what book I try to add, it always says no books found. I've tried all the resets etc... If I access the kobo through my computer, there seems to be no files at all. If I go through the desktop app, it does not show up. The model is 8857A-KBN647. Would an SD image work in this case? If an SD image is the solution, does anybody know where I can get it?

Thanks!
Suzy Patootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sounds like a common problem with the WiFi and the latest firmware version. It's been discussed in a few threads and only fix that has been found is to restore an image to the card. I have sent you a PM with a link to an image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Suzy Patootie

Thank you so much David! I know I should upgrade to something newer, but I kinda like my kobo. It's like an old shoe LOL. Also when I put the micro sd in it's asking me to format, do I format and then add the image to the card? Not sure what to do here.

Last edited by Suzy Patootie; 10-23-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Has forgotten to ask a question
Old 10-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The image file is a bitwise copy of another SD card. You don't format it first. For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Suzy Patootie

Thank you again David. The Kobo is back up and running. Muchly appreciated!
Old 10-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that you have a working image. you could upgrade the memory card to a higher capacity card.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
Suzy Patootie

That’s what I did Bought a 16GB SD card and voila!
Old 10-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Patootie View Post
That’s what I did Bought a 16GB SD card and voila!
Well done! Congrats!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote