Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Calibrebee
Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook, iPod, iPhone, laptop, desktop
Essential Plugins

Hello All!!

My book collection is >700, and I am installing version 3.32. I want to organize my library in a manner that is "Simple & Clean."

With a new install, which plugins do veteran Calibre users regard as the "Basic Essentials?"

"I am not a programmer and I do not have a computer science degree,
there must be more than just default settings for me."
Calibrebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Essential
View Manager
Count Pages
Drop Search Results
GetFileName
Favourites Menu
Modify ePub
Find Duplicates

Very Useful
CalibreSpy
Job Spy

Occasional Use
EpubSplit
Extract ISBN
Generate Cover
Quality Check
Reading List
Resize Cover

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Here are the ones I have installed.
Note that some are device specific (Kobo and Kindle), so your choices might vary. Your choice of metadata sources may also vary.
And some need to be obtained at Alf's place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Base plugins.JPG
Views:	1900
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	169327  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrebee View Post
...and I am installing version 3.32.
The current Version of Calibre is 3.38.1. Some plugins require a Calibre Version greater than 3.32 to be allowed to be installed.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Essential:

deDRM
Count Pages
EpubMerge
EpubSplit
Favourites Menu
Find Duplicates
Search the Internet
View Manager

Useful:

Generate Cover
Job Spy
Kindle Covers
Quality Check
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
Calibrebee
Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Calibrebee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook, iPod, iPhone, laptop, desktop
Aww, your responses are so helpful

I want the option of using Job Spy in the future, however, my understanding is that it only works in the older version. My status as a newbie implies that I could be misunderstanding, overlooking or overthinking something??

theDucks,
I empathize with the kitten in your avatar, lol! Thanks for the tip

All of these responses are helpful.

Thank you,
CalibreBee

Last edited by Calibrebee; 02-08-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Calibrebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I want the option of using Job Spy in the future, however, my understanding is that it only works in the older version. My status as a newbie implies that I could be misunderstanding, overlooking or overthinking something??
Huh?

Last time I updated my plugins, minimum required Calibre version for Job Spy is already 3.36 so that means 3.36 or newer. I don't think you can even install the latest Job Spy on older Calibre versions...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am installing version 3.32.
Quote:
I want the option of using Job Spy in the future, however, my understanding is that it only works in the older version.
No, as ilovejedd has posted - JobSpy requires calibre version 3.36 or later. So, I'll repeat what I asked in your other thread - why are you installing version 3.32?

If it's because that's what your Linux distro is offering, you should ignore it, always download calibre from the official calibre site ==>> https://calibre-ebook.com/

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote