Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #1
tycho
tycho began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Change label name in label navigator

Hi

I searched in the documentation and in the web, but I cannot find, so I decided to register and post.

I would like to change the text of the author label in the label manage. To make clear what I mean, I attach a screenshot.

I have French localization, so it appears as 'Auteur'. I want some other text: "Personne".

I would not bother to ask for such a small issue, but my mother uses calibre and for some reasons too long to explain, she needs "author" to be replaced by "person" and, due to her old age, it is difficult for her to work calibre without this change.

Thanks for the help

And thank you very much for all the talent, resource and effort put in calibre. It is really a very good software.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sélection_001.png
Views:	153
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	164249  
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can run calibre from source and make whatever changes you like, set it up for your mother once and she should be fine: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
tycho
tycho began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Thanks very much for the answer

I checked Overriding icons, templates, et cetera

In this documentation, the section "Overriding icons, templates, et cetera" that says <<calibre allows you to override the static resources, like icons, javascript and templates for the metadata jacket, catalogs, etc. with customized versions that you like. All static resources are stored in the resources sub-folder of the calibre install location. >>

I was hoping that one of you would have pointed like: "Go and put that file here, modify this line in the file and you are good to go".

But if you send me to change the source (which to me amounts to a mountain to climb), it means there it is not in the static resources, and is no easy way to change it on an installed copy. Is-there?

What about forking the French localization file, and tell calibre do use 'french-tycho' instead of French. Would that do the trick? Would it remain in case of upgrade?
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is not a static resource. As for changing the source, it is a one line change. But if ou prefer to fork the translation instead you can do so as decribed here: https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

you can use the technique for testing translations.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote