Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
jgould1981
jgould1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen
Speed up metadata download?

Is there anyway to speed up the downloading of metadata?

I find the download process to be agonizingly slow. I've set the time between downloads to 0 seconds and it still seems to take forever... I downloaded the metadata for 250 books and it took about a day and a half to download metadata and covers.

J.
jgould1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On a decent internet connection with the default sources downloading metadata takes ~ 5 secs per book. And note that no servers like being scraped by bots at high rates, any faster and you will end up getting IP banned anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert