Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 01:30 AM   #421
nkluan
nkluan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd Generation, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Have you tried changing the line height?
Yes, I tried, but that does not solve the problem.

I notice that the problem occured in both latest firmware and older ones.
nkluan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:21 AM   #422
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkluan View Post
Hi everyone,

I notice a strange problem when I use Chareink font for Vietnamese book. Please refer to the two attached image.

At the bottom of the screen
Spoiler:
you will see a mark (which I wrapped in red circle)

That mark is the diacritic of some Vietnamese words in the first sentence of the next page
Spoiler:

The problem does not exist where system fonts and other sideloaded font (Booklerly, EB Garamond or ChariSIL...) are uses.

Can anyone help me ? I really like ChareInk and want to use it for my books.
The problem you are having is not a problem with ChareInk. It's a bug in the KePub renderer. You need to up the line hight with the slider until the extra text is no longer showing. If you want a lesser line height, then you'll read using ePub as that uses RMSDK to render and that have have a smaller line height without any extra bits of a line showing. Given that you say you've upped the line height, you need to up it even more.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #423
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For fans of Literata, there have been a couple of updates to the font this year since it was open sourced by Google. Currently at version 2.201.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #424
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
For fans of Literata, there have been a couple of updates to the font this year since it was open sourced by Google. Currently at version 2.201.
Speaking of font versions, ChareInk is based on Charis SIL v5.0 which is still the current version.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #425
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Does anyone have any opinions on Adobe's Source fonts? They're open-sourced in a variety of formats and seem to be actively developed. You can also find/download all the families on their GitHub account. Here are some of them:

Source Sans Pro
Source Serif Pro
Source Code Pro

Last edited by rtiangha; 10-19-2019 at 03:21 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #426
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Does anyone have any opinions on Adobe's Source fonts? They're open-sourced in a variety of formats and seem to be actively developed. You can also find/download all the families on their GitHub account. Here are some of them:

Source Sans Pro
Source Serif Pro
Source Code Pro
I had a look at the three fonts you linked.

I really dislike Source Code Pro. It's just way too ugly.
Source Serif Pro is just a nothing special sans-serif font.
Source Serif Pro is very similar to Charis SIL and that is a nice font to read with. But in that case, going with CareInk (based on Charis SIL) would be better as it's hand tuned to work better on eInk.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #427
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had a look at the three fonts you linked.

I really dislike Source Code Pro. It's just way too ugly.
I prefer Source Code Pro when I need a monospaced font.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #428
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I prefer Source Code Pro when I need a monospaced font.
I prefer Dark Courier from HP. Source Code Pro is hideously ugly.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #429
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I prefer Dark Courier from HP. Source Code Pro is hideously ugly.
I've used both. I prefer Source Code Pro. One man's fish is another man's poisson.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #430
quan0509
quan0509 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Kindle Fonts
The link for Kindle Fonts doesn't work. Is there anyone who has the alternative?
Please kindly help !!!

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.
quan0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #431
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quan0509 View Post
The link for Kindle Fonts doesn't work. Is there anyone who has the alternative?
Please kindly help !!!

You can get the fonts from an attachment on the original post here.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-15-2019 at 06:23 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #432
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Good call. Thanks for pointing this out. I switched to this and prefer it overall, even though part of me misses the old style numbers of the older versions you can see in the old_dropbox folder of the github project.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #433
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You can get the fonts from an attachment on the original post here[/URL].
Bad link.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #434
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Bad link.
It's not actually legal to post the Kindle fonts here or even link to them. But if you search, you may find the directions on how to extract the Kindle fonts from a Kindle firmware file.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #435
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Bad link.
Fixed in original post.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote