Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
shiongie
shiongie began at the beginning.

Device: android alcatel ot 4033e
Books in library folder not showing up in book list.

I have formatted my computer and I backed up my calibre portable. However, another backup copy was already on it and some files were overwritten. I just found out that some of my books from the library folder are not recognized or shown in the GUI's book list.
I thought to refresh the app to read and update the list based on the library, however I do not know how to do this. Also I have found Library Management feature being talked about in this forum, but don't know how to find it.
The image below shows the only functionalities I have from the library toolbar.

Is there a way to refresh or update my GUI calibre book list to reflect the contents in the library? And where can I find the Library Management tool?

Please help.

Last edited by shiongie; 12-09-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: update image
shiongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I can't see that image, post it here. In Advanced mode scroll down to Manage Attachments, or click the paper-clip icon.

Library Management is in the Library Icon drop down

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-10 112254.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	175501

Added: You're in Device View, yo need to be in Library View.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
shiongie
shiongie began at the beginning.

Device: android alcatel ot 4033e
Thank you so much for answering. Your tips gave me ideas on how to fix this problem.

What I did was to restore to defaults my toolbars from the preferences. With the Library maintenance, I used Restore Database to refresh the list from the books inside the library folder.
shiongie is offline   Reply With Quote