Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 05:46 AM   #1351
Gires88
Gires88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have had no issues with CBZs and firmware 4.30.18838. In fact, there is one less problem than in previous firmware versions. But, that is with nickel. I don't use either KFMon or KOReader. If this is happening after reading a CBZ with KFMon and KOReader, you should report the problem to the developers of those tools.
I spent hours trying to figure out what was the problem. Wanted to blame the cbz and the non official software becouse i couldn't imagine it was related to the update. But if downgrading completely fixes the problem...

No expert here, but if i have to guess i think its a problem about how the SO tries to get the cover of the cbz or index it's content. It could be the files and folders organisation. I've also noticed that the internal memory of the device it's slow and if now the SO needs more information or something like that about the files i'm not surprised about the crashes.

I hope that in the future it gets fixed, for now i prefer having and old version that works with Koreader. Reading manga with it it's amazing.
Gires88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #1352
ElricleNecro
ElricleNecro began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A bit odd. I just checked on 4 of my Kobo devices and if I set them to display the current read's cover, all did. This is with Energy saving and privacy => Show current read & Show books covers full screen both checked and renaming .kobo/screensaver to .kobo/screensaver.dnu to disable the display of images from that directory.
Well. I don't know why, but those options does not appear anymore...
ElricleNecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #1353
ElricleNecro

Quote:
I'm with @DNSB on the sleep screen as well. I haven't seen any change for that. All my devices are showing the covers in the way they are configured in the settings.

For epub display, I haven't noticed any differences. I was reading an epub on my Clara HD when the update happened and there was no difference in the before an after. But, I'm not sure what "interline change between chapter title and text" means. Is that at space between the header that shows the chapter title and chapter progress? If so, are you using patches to adjust this? I've seen a mention of something change related to this and the patch had to change or didn't work.

Or is it something within the book? Maybe the spacing between the chapter heading and the first line of text? In either case, I haven't noticed any changes over the last few firmware versions. Books with identical layout and stylesheets look exactly the same.
No plugins, I did not knew until recently that it was possible, but I suspect this is a problem with the epub itself.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:50 AM   #1354
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricleNecro View Post
Well. I don't know why, but those options does not appear anymore...
Have you change the affiliate? Or had it revert back to an old one? Some affiliates hide the screensaver options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:44 AM   #1355
ElricleNecro

Quote:
Have you change the affiliate? Or had it revert back to an old one? Some affiliates hide the screensaver options.
No, I did not edit it. I haven't done any manual changes to the reader.
Advert
Old 11-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #1356
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
No, I did not edit it. I haven't done any manual changes to the reader.
Next time you have your Kobo connected to the computer, open the affiliate.conf file in the .kobo directory with a text editor. The content should look like the text below ( the text after affiliate= will vary). If the affiliate is fnac for instance, that will disable screensaver functionality.

Code:
[General]
affiliate=KoboIndigo
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:55 AM   #1357
ElricleNecro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Next time you have your Kobo connected to the computer, open the affiliate.conf file in the .kobo directory with a text editor. The content should look like the text below ( the text after affiliate= will vary). If the affiliate is fnac for instance, that will disable screensaver functionality.

Code:
[General]
affiliate=KoboIndigo
That was it for the screensaver. Now, I'll need to try to understand what is happening with CBZ files. I tried with a CBR: I didn't got the inifnite reboot loop problem.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #1358
ElricleNecro

Quote:
That was it for the screensaver. Now, I'll need to try to understand what is happening with CBZ files. I tried with a CBR: I didn't got the inifnite reboot loop problem.
At the end, I've downgraded the firmware version. It was crashing for all CBZ, even when I reduced the resolution, cover, etc.
Since all previous firmware are working with those comics, I'll wait for a new firmware to try again.
Old 01-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #1359
busb
busb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have found two issues with my Glo HD.

1. On second page of Settings -> reading settings (or something like that ), the option right below Screen controls is written in Italian instead of Portuguese.

2. The time is wrong (UTC -2) even when I select the correct city. It should be UTC -3.

I'm trying to report this to Kobo as well.
busb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:18 PM   #1360
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busb View Post
I have found two issues with my Glo HD.

1. On second page of Settings -> reading settings (or something like that ), the option right below Screen controls is written in Italian instead of Portuguese.
It looks like it is only a problem for Brazilian Portuguese.
Quote:
2. The time is wrong (UTC -2) even when I select the correct city. It should be UTC -3.
Which city? And is it a problem with the handling of daylight savings? Or the lack of daylight savings? I can see this was removed in 2019. Maybe Kobo haven't updated something. Of course, if you are on an older firmware, it would still have the old settings.

Checking on my Clara HD, and using https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/brazil as a guide, Rio Branco is UTC -5, Manaus -4, Belém -3, Brasilia -2, São Paulo -2 and Rio de Janero is -2. If I have read the article about daylight savings being removed correctly, the last three had daylight savings until 2019. Which suggest Kobo have not updated this. Or the libraries they use for the time zones have not been updated.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:55 AM   #1361
busb
busb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Glo HD
Hi davidfor.

Quote:
It looks like it is only a problem for Brazilian Portuguese.
Correct. I'm using english for the UI now, but from time to time I revisit the portuguese version and the translation error is still there.

Regarding the time mismatch, I think that it is related to DST being removed from the country in 2019 and an outdated tzdata package in the Kobo system.

I'm using the Glo HD with software version 4.30.18838 which is the latest available for me. I chatted with tech support yesterday, and they sent me a canned response with instructions on how to factory reset my Kobo. I didn't want to get into a discussion, so I just replied that I'll do that later and asked them to forward the issues to dev team, if possible.
busb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:25 AM   #1362
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busb View Post
Hi davidfor.

Correct. I'm using english for the UI now, but from time to time I revisit the portuguese version and the translation error is still there.

Regarding the time mismatch, I think that it is related to DST being removed from the country in 2019 and an outdated tzdata package in the Kobo system.

I'm using the Glo HD with software version 4.30.18838 which is the latest available for me. I chatted with tech support yesterday, and they sent me a canned response with instructions on how to factory reset my Kobo. I didn't want to get into a discussion, so I just replied that I'll do that later and asked them to forward the issues to dev team, if possible.
I pointed this out on the Kobo beta list. They are usually good for fixing the translation problems like this.

And you are correct about the tzdata package. I think I heard a and some when they realised when it was last updated. From the comments, it might be harder to fix as there are other dependencies.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:04 AM   #1363
Koboder
Koboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of lightKoboder is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kobo Elipsa
Exclamation Kobo Libra 2 firmaware 4.31.19086

Hello everybody.

I have been experiencing this problem on three different Kobo Libra2:

After the last update (ver. 4.31.19086) if I turn off the device with WI-FI disabled it will block during the next restart and it will no longer be possible to turn it on.

To turn it on again I have to connect it to the PC and hold down the power button. This problem does not occur if the WI-FI is left on.

I tried to downgrade to the previous version (4.30.18838) and the device works fine until I update it again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Koboder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:02 PM   #1364
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yes, it's been reported in other threads. The 4.31 firmware is particularly glitchy.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:02 AM   #1365
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboder View Post
Hello everybody.

I have been experiencing this problem on three different Kobo Libra2:

After the last update (ver. 4.31.19086) if I turn off the device with WI-FI disabled it will block during the next restart and it will no longer be possible to turn it on.

To turn it on again I have to connect it to the PC and hold down the power button. This problem does not occur if the WI-FI is left on.

I tried to downgrade to the previous version (4.30.18838) and the device works fine until I update it again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
The only thing you can do is go back to 4.30 and forget syncing until Kobo comes out with a working firmware or pulls 4.31.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app