Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 08:52 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.8.3

I have just updated the plugin to fix the recent problems with connecting to the Kobo site. It appears to be some bot protection has been added.

The change is:
  • Fix: Bot protection seems to have been added. Need to use a different user agent to get around it.

I don't know if this will last.

Calibre should announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:32 PM   #107
soilheart
soilheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (/Forma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Um, I think you want to allow localising the search to specific nations and languages. I have done this, and my testing didn't give any real advantage. And, if I remember rightly, caused as many issues as the current way of doing it.
Sorry for bringing up an older discussion, but I have a usecase for this. As the plugin works right now I get results from the Swedish Kobo store, which for some reason has replaced the # in the series name/number with "Nummer", so when getting data from the Swedish localization all my series end with "Nummer" which is quite annoying. For now I've downloaded the plugin and edited SEARCH_PATH by hand, which seems to have solved the issue for now. But adding a setting for selecting language (country doesn't seem as important, as it's the localization/translation that seems bad from what I can tell), would be appreciated so we with badly translated kobo stores don't have to manually update the plugin
soilheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:46 AM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilheart View Post
Sorry for bringing up an older discussion, but I have a usecase for this. As the plugin works right now I get results from the Swedish Kobo store, which for some reason has replaced the # in the series name/number with "Nummer", so when getting data from the Swedish localization all my series end with "Nummer" which is quite annoying. For now I've downloaded the plugin and edited SEARCH_PATH by hand, which seems to have solved the issue for now. But adding a setting for selecting language (country doesn't seem as important, as it's the localization/translation that seems bad from what I can tell), would be appreciated so we with badly translated kobo stores don't have to manually update the plugin
But that change would suggest you are not getting Swedish language for the synopsis and other parts. Is that what you really want? Adding that check is easy. The attached beta appears to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboBooks-beta.zip (9.1 KB, 22 views)
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:01 AM   #109
soilheart
soilheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (/Forma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But that change would suggest you are not getting Swedish language for the synopsis and other parts. Is that what you really want? Adding that check is easy. The attached beta appears to work.
Yes, as I read 99.9% of my books in English, I usually want to have the synopsis and other information in English anyway. From experience the synopsis isn't translated on the Swedish store either, so English books have English synopsis etc. (but I'm not 100% sure here, as I just started using this plugin for scraping data, and have only used the actual kobo store for purchases once or twice).

Thanks for the fix (I haven't tried it out yet though, as I'm still on my "custom" version right now).
soilheart is offline   Reply With Quote