Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #271
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Can anyone guide me on how to build the GIT repo code into .bin or the extensions (ready to use on device)?
For LibrarianSync, all you need to do is copy the librariansync folder (from the GIT master) to the extensions folder.

I'm not sure if @NiLuJe has updated his python snapshot yet (there's a bug in the Dec 10 release) so you might need to modify some python libs (instructions in the LibrarianSync thread).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #272
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not yet, but hopefully tomorrow if all goes well .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2019, 12:27 AM   #273
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Yeah I do have python installed in (fonts hack works good). I suspect I'm not holding the right version of fonts hack module. My PW3 is not doing update collection cleanly at the same time my PW4 refuse to install the package. May be I'm trying with the older version.

Package 'Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin' (librariansync 1.10 kindle5) is not targeting your device [0PP vs. 11 0F 10 24 1B 1C 1D 1F 20 D4 5A D5 D6 D7 D8 F2 17 60 62 5F C6 13 54 53], skipping . . .
That is a PW4.
Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

v1.10 - fixed when getting a null cdetype, added Voyage support.

That librariansync version number is much, much, much older than the PW4.
It can't possible support something that was not yet engineered by Amazon.

Translation:
The message is correct, you have the wrong (too old) file.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #274
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
For LibrarianSync, all you need to do is copy the librariansync folder (from the GIT master) to the extensions folder.

I'm not sure if @NiLuJe has updated his python snapshot yet (there's a bug in the Dec 10 release) so you might need to modify some python libs (instructions in the LibrarianSync thread).
I hate to ask, but how does it get copied? I am at this page and right clicking does not allow me to copy anything but a link address, which is not what is needed. I can open the files and copy the contents, but that is not doing what you describe above. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Somehow I managed to get Librarian Sync working just now, but I would still like to know the answer to my question.

Last edited by booklover6; 01-02-2019 at 07:58 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #275
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6
I hate to ask, but how does it get copied? I am at this page and right clicking does not allow me to copy anything but a link address, which is not what is needed. I can open the files and copy the contents, but that is not doing what you describe above. What am I missing?
https://github.com/NiLuJe/librariansync

Clone or Download > Download ZIP

Extract/copy "librariansync" folder to the extensions folder
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2019, 08:32 AM   #276
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
https://github.com/NiLuJe/librariansync

Clone or Download > Download ZIP

Extract/copy "librariansync" folder to the extensions folder
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #277
dpk
dpk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Wink

Thanks everyone for the help! I was able to fix as described in the post "https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3787648&postcount=409"

Basically there's an upcoming python hotfix / latest snapshot of python installation going to fix this issue. Until then wait or do it manually as the above thread suggest!

For now, all methods in librariansync works for me on PW3 and PW4. You people are awesome in helping each other
dpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #278
dongoh
dongoh began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
just received my PW4 updated to 5.10.1.3 without thinking... too late to jailbreak now?

G000 PP10
dongoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #279
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongoh View Post
just received my PW4 updated to 5.10.1.3 without thinking... too late to jailbreak now?

G000 PP10
Please read the first full sentence of the first post again.
The one which starts: Important to note ...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #280
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please read the first full sentence of the first post again.
The one which starts: Important to note ...
Technically, that first notice is incorrect as that was written prior to the discovery of factory fw 5.10.0.2. Granted, the edit at the end of the first post explains everything.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #281
samflynn
samflynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Need some help with the screensaver hack on PW4, they show up as

Click image for larger version

Name:	rXSAprA.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	168990

And their dimensions Click image for larger version

Name:	sJA7x1a.png
Views:	131
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	168991

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by issybird; 01-11-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Oversize images thumbnailed.
samflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #282
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Those images are too small. The PW4 resolution is 1080 x 1440.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #283
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Those images are too small. The PW4 resolution is 1080 x 1440.
Actually, it is 1072x1448.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #284
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Actually, it is 1072x1448.
Thanks for the correction.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:35 PM   #285
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@samflynn,
You can upscale images without loss of quality via http://waifu2x.udp.jp/ for example.
Then just crop/shrink to exact resolution via any image editor.
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw4