Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Column coloring based on the languae

I've started playing around with column coloring but I can't make the color change dependng on the language.

The rule I use is:
If the languages column has values English

What am I doing wrong? The same basic set-up seems to be working with other categories such as tags or publishers.

// Sorry, this should probably be in Library Management. //

Last edited by Joanna; 02-19-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to library forum as requested
The language column does not contain the English word for the language, but instead contains the ISO 639.2 code for the language. This code is translated to the localized equivalent of the language name when it is displayed.

The easiest (and fastest) way to solve your problem is to use the ISO code in the color expression, in this case "eng". You could also do it using a more complicated template that uses the language_codes function, but I don't see any advantage to this method.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Thanks, now it works just fine. I felt like it had something to do with the name of language (tried both the English names and the ones in my language version of Calibre, lowcase and uppercase etc.) but didn't think of ISO. Great!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote