Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Trying to colourize column based on size ... and failing

Hi all,

I decided I would try to colourize a couple of columns in the display if the size is less than 0.3. I used the wizard and just went with turning size to darkmagenta if size was less than 0.3.

The result was that all entries had a darkmagenta size value, regardless of it's actual value. I tried changing 0.3 to 1. Same result. 1.0, same result. So I went the other way, and tried Greater than 1.0. Everything returned to black, including three entries in the first 38 that were larger than a meg in size.

The field won't accept typing in MB after the number.

I finally deleted the rule based on it could only cost computational cycles and wasn't apparently working.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance, GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
Hi all,

I decided I would try to colourize a couple of columns in the display if the size is less than 0.3. I used the wizard and just went with turning size to darkmagenta if size was less than 0.3.

The result was that all entries had a darkmagenta size value, regardless of it's actual value. I tried changing 0.3 to 1. Same result. 1.0, same result. So I went the other way, and tried Greater than 1.0. Everything returned to black, including three entries in the first 38 that were larger than a meg in size.
The 'size' operator counts bytes, but the 'Size (MB)' column displays in MB, like it says. So your 'less than 0.3' should be '<300000'

I got bitten by that as well
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
The 'size' operator counts bytes, but the 'Size (MB)' column displays in MB, like it says. So your 'less than 0.3' should be '<300000'

I got bitten by that as well
It's still biting me. Arrggggh!!!

The only comparison seems to be a straight comparison with zero.

Set Title=teal if size less than 1 is true (regardless of size)
Set Author=teal if size less than 0 is false

I changed that 1 to 300000. True for all sizes.
I changed that 1 to .000003. True for all sizes.

I'm currently using 0.8.31, so I'm up to date.

Have you tried the size comparison with a non-zero number and had it test out successfully?

Thanks for taking the time to help out, GM
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:

Have you tried the size comparison with a non-zero number and had it test out successfully?

Hmmm. I haven't tried it with a custom column, just as a search. And there something like 'size:<300000' works as you would expect. It does need the colon, though; I missed that in my first reply.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie

Quote:

I can now attest that as of version 0.8.43, that if you put in a colour rule looking for <300000, you will get the desired results. Yeah.

GM (added in case anybody was looking)
Advert