Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
tai0909
tai0909 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Convert epup3 pages to consecutive image file(JPG,PNG...)

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong section.

I'm been digging around the web for sometime now trying to figure out a way to do this. Basically, I just need to dump all the pages of a Japanese novel into image files. I stumbled upon 2 problems, most converter online and offline including Calibre only extract the image folder in the Epub file I'm using and leave the rest as it is. The 2nd problem is when there's a program that actually worked, the result images are in horizontal reading mode which messed up the book really bad (The stylesheet in the original epub did have vertical reading mode right to left command). In some epub3 reader, I can read the book just fine so I just need the ouput result to be unchange.

In short, dump epub pages into images and in vertical reading mode.
Can anyone please help me with this!? Thank you.
tai0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How does Calibre get on with converting it to PDF?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #3
tai0909

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
How does Calibre get on with converting it to PDF?
It converted it just find but without vertical mode.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:54 AM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Take screenshots from a reader that does display it correctly?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:11 AM   #5
tai0909

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Take screenshots from a reader that does display it correctly?
Thanks for the idea, I've been doing that while looking for other solutions. For a book with a 200 or 300-ish pages, it took a lot of time with the occasionally cropping and stuff. I was looking for a way to shorten the process of repetitive prnt scr + save, like a program to just one click the whole thing.
Advert
Old 10-14-2019, 05:19 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai0909 View Post
It converted it just find but without vertical mode.
Have you tried the Calibre Prince PDF plugin?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote