Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 01:18 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Visited link color and Cover size and...

Dear Kovid,

1) The visited link color now is black (same color as normal text), should be red or something? As far as I remember, it was red. (Book Details window)

2) Is it possible to have the cover width/height automatically stretched to width/height of the device on portrait and landscape mode, respectively? (Several cover images are now much smaller (resolution) than the Android screen). (Book Details window)

3) A vertical scroll bar now appears on the screen while reading (required me to tap OK without the 'Show a scrollbar' ticked to deactivate it). But it seems you have fixed it already. (reading on page mode)

4) I took your advice on the other thread to apply .book-content-popup-container * {display: block;} to overwrite the footnote hiding, but it doesn't have any effect, hence, the pop-up is still blank. (user defined css in Styles window)

Last edited by nqk; 10-16-2019 at 01:27 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. no i dont think it was ever red. May have been purple at one time. But I decided there is not much point in having it. After all knowing you have searched before for tag X or Author Y is not very useful

2. See the option under Page Layout

3. yes fixed in next release

4. Add !important and use the inspector to check
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
2. See the option under Page Layout
There is this: Preserve cover aspect ratio (checked).

I indeed want to keep the aspect ratio. And I want the cover (if small) to fill the width of my phone screen (portrait). It looks like the cover can be REDUCED to the screen width if it is bigger.

Quote:
4. Add !important and use the inspector to check
This is the footnote test file. I set [epub|type~="footnote"] { display: none;} in the css. As a result, the popup footnote is blank/hidden.

I use the Inspector and locate the source. It was replaced by Calibre to role="doc-footnote", the value is still display: none; I change this "none" to anything else in the Inspector, and it works. The popup container now shows the content.

However, when I copy the [role~="doc-footnote"] { display: block; } to user-defined css window, it forces even the hidden footnote to show on the body.

I tried to use

Code:
#content-iframe-1 > [role~="doc-footnote"] {
    display: block !important;
    }
or

Code:
.book-content-popup-container > [role~="doc-footnote"] {
    }
or
Code:
.book-content-popup-container * {
    }
but it came back to the original state where the footnote popup is blank.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I am not really a fan of blowing up small images, makes them blurry, so there is no option to do that. As for the popup footnote, wait for the next release, as I have removed the mapping of epub:type to role, then use

Code:
@namespace epub url(http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops);

[epub|type="footnote] { display: none }
.calibre-footnote-container [epub|type="footnote] { display: block }
Old 10-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, I am not really a fan of blowing up small images, makes them blurry, so there is no option to do that.
Yet you added arrows to the top corners of the cover. They are supposed to be on the edges of the screen, aren't they?

Moderator Notice
Inline images are limited to 600x600. Moved to ATACHMENT

PS: Am I the only one using the Content Server to read epubs on phone? I rarely read on PC screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	79c90ddf95b28401aee5fc4a31697d33.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	174291  

Last edited by theducks; 10-17-2019 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Oversize inline image
Old 10-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Yet you added arrows to the top corners of the cover. They are supposed to be on the edges of the screen, aren't they?

no, they are supposed to be on the edges of the cover, in fact on a wide screne the cover is displayed to the side of the text, not below it.